Secrets of Grindea speedruns

Own

I wonder what offers more DPS. +CritDmg%, or the +AtkSpeed Talent? One requires a crit and only offers +5% damage to that crit. One offers more attacks, more chances to crit, more chances to ignite, more shadowclone swings, more backhanders.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I know that +2 ATK SPD and +2% ATK are roughly equivalent, assuming you hit with the speed increase you've been given. As for the extra 5% crit damage, it's not the best choice unless your crit is especially high, EG you're wearing a phase face and you've pumped your crit already, which is really another kinda useless requirement. However, going with ATK SPD is harder to adapt to. It depends on the player really.

I've got some calculations on an excel spreadsheet I've been working on which tells you which talent gives you the best theoretical damage output, and +DEF vs +HP (which is still in the works). I'll publish that on the site once it's complete.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I know that +2 ATK SPD and +2% ATK are roughly equivalent, assuming you hit with the speed increase you've been given. As for the extra 5% crit damage, it's not the best choice unless your crit is especially high, EG you're wearing a phase face and you've pumped your crit already, which is really another kinda useless requirement. However, going with ATK SPD is harder to adapt to. It depends on the player really.

I've got some calculations on an excel spreadsheet I've been working on which tells you which talent gives you the best theoretical damage output, and +DEF vs +HP (which is still in the works). I'll publish that on the site once it's complete.
Can you use that spreadsheet to figure out which is the most optimal attackspeed to aim for? At some point attackspeed will not be an option because you're limited to how fast you can mash the button. It would be interesting to see where that stat rolls off in efficiency and where others might take its place. :D

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It would be interesting to see where that stat rolls off in efficiency and where others might take its place.
I don't think there's a limit at all. I've pumped up my ATK SPD on one of my characters for a laugh, and I can hit the space bar about 4-5 times a second to get that many hits off. As for which is better, it depends on the stats you have at the time. The more crit you have, the more a +crit dmg will be beneficial. It would be best implemented as a mod to be honest :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Oi @JamesKT, this took me about 49 seconds, give or take. Could have probably shaved off 3 or 4 with a few extra dashes here and there. Seen as it took you roughly 57 seconds give or take in your fastest speedrun, I think it's a pretty good time shave :D

JamesKT

Boar
Hmm... Looking at the way this was done I think I can think of a few pathing methods to speed this up. How about this?

GarlicJelly

I think it took you guys the same amount of time to complete the puzzle and get to the next room. XD

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
He was a couple seconds quicker. Maybe the last one that you push could be pushed on the way over to the third one? Also you might be able to push while charging, which is cool, but can you push while dashing, as in, keep holding the directional button and see if it moves?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Turns out you can't push while dashing, which is a shame. Anyway -

Bam! Accidentally played some copyrighted music in this one, so I had to mute it. About 42 seconds for this one, and I reckon it's only quicker to charge the last dash seen as you're not chaining them, and you go too far forward if you do it that way. That's like 17 seconds off your best. If you add your own speedrunning prowess into the mix you're bound to go out happy :p This is probably the fastest you're gonna get.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Oh, forgot to mention, for the best times, make the most accurate judgement as to when the section will stop moving, and then move away. Also you can slide along the section while you're pushing it, as long as you face in and hold the pushing direction as you do so.

JamesKT

Boar
Did an attempt today without buying my Armor. I died to Winter 7 times and didn't want to run again. Owned. Please don't suggest this to me ever again... :<

Own

Here's my reasoning:

To set new records, you need the absolute maximum DPS. From +ATK equipment, +ATK cards, +Crit equipment, Damage Potions, etc. A large portion of the speedrun is spent fighting, that's the only real place you can save time on.

So if you beat Gundam and don't have enough money to buy a Steel Sword, you're taking a significant damage drop. Couple that with losing the +Atkspd from the Brawler Plate and the run is already dead, you should just reset at that point if you can't go on armorless. :p You saw what a significant change Jumpkin Card (+15 atk) was, 10 atk loss from the Steel Sword means significantly longer Winter / Bee / Toy Machine / Hydra / Fae / Marino battles.

It seems to be just going through the motions to continue instead of resetting / hail marying without armor.

JamesKT

Boar
At this point my run has become a TAS strat run of sorts where countless resets have to be done to get the perfect run(of drops) to get the most optimal time. :p

GarlicJelly

At this point my run has become a TAS strat run of sorts where countless resets have to be done to get the perfect run(of drops) to get the most optimal time. :p
You just need to find a way to reporogram the game with inputs in the game so you can get the perfect RNG every time. :p

JamesKT

Boar
I also need a way to preload all the game's assets and cutscenes so I can just go straight into running the game without a practice run. :p

JamesKT

Boar
Alright after playing Mount Bloom on stream, that new sword from the Autumn Knight outweighs anything else I could get. That sword + Brawler Plate is making me drool right now... I'm considering both pieces of equipment Best in Slot for speedrunning. While the Steel Sword is good, I'm going to put myself in the risk of Autumn more to influence RNG. It's that damn worth it!

As far as new splits go... I've added 3 new splits. Red Spinsect Room(Spin to Win), Power Flower, and the final split will be entering the second last room of Mount Bloom.

JamesKT

Boar
._. I'm not entirely sure where I should leave this but let's take the key skip somewhere else... Something... Pointless.

Last edited:

JamesKT

Boar
Did a few attempts today and got to the end. My time was in the 50s. I died... a lot. Power Flower once and a bunch on the way to the third relic. The toxicity was bad. But isn't as bad as MOBA communities. :p