Sentry Boss Hard Mode is completely unfair.

Herftron

Green Slime
I dunno what people were thinking designing this, but this is complete crap. After two hours of rage inducing attempts, I had to cheese the boss standing on the far side so that the enemies wouldn't attack me and I could just fireball the boss to death.

Hard should absolutely be an increase in difficulty. Overwhelming the player with multiple enemies that give each other unfair advantages in a small room while respawning infinitely? That isn't difficult, its complete bullshit.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
What skill build are you using? Some are objectively more powerful than others, and the Sentry is really the first test of if your build is suitable for the mode. You'll probably find the bosses after the Sentry don't get any easier.

Also what are your battle tactics? There are two ways to beat the boss - hitting it directly and hoping you have enough DPS to kill it before everything else kills you, and strategically killing anything that isn't a purple or green guardian (or a blue one if it's protecting a green or purple one), until you're left with a room of manageable laser beams you can dodge.

Herftron

Green Slime
Yeah you are right about the bosses not getting any easier. GUN-D4M is making me uninstall and regret not refunding the game when I could. I wanted an RPG, not a bullshit bullet-hell game. I can 100% get to the final barrage from the stupid robot and die at 4-5 seconds left. Like I said in my first post, I understand hard being hard, but seriously this is just crap.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Out of pure curiosity: have you tried playing the game on Normal mode, and if not, how come?

Own

Hard mode is largely about your knowledge of the game and how to exploit it. The best gear for your build at all times, the ability to perfect guard, abusing everything available to you (potions), maybe scrounging up some cards if you're having a real hard go of it. The game seriously recommends you don't go hard until your second playthrough, so you know how to best to get through any given situation.

This image showcases just how much gear matters. I think I made this with a level 5 or 6 character, no talents.

I4gHeGz.png

I can 100% get to the final barrage from the stupid robot and die at 4-5 seconds left.

It's a good idea to open up your menu, slap on every bit of +DEF gear you can and chug a Defense Potion during a final barrage attack, if you don't know the pattern well enough to dodge it.

Or if you want a tip on beating it legit on hard mode, stand in the bottom left corner and face up. Put your shield up, gently move up and down to avoid oncoming red and purple bullets. When you see a blue pattern of bullets form, start slowly walking up, and when they fly behind you reverse trajectory. It's really easy to dodge so long as you take small steps and are shielding.

As a last resort, there's always the option to switch to Normal Mode in the options menu. :)