Shielding is bad against quick enemies

Kana

Rabby
It is impossible to counter attack in time for it to be worth while if you are using a 2 handed weapon against rabbys for example.

Perhaps you could add a melee talent that increases swings' travel speed and character reaction, but lowers attack speed?

GrindeaElmeri

Green Slime
OTOH Perfect Blocking instantly grants you Silver Charge, letting you respond with a fast, devastating melee ability instead of a normal attack.

The idea of 2h isn't so much counterattacking (as the idea of 1h is) but rather controlling the room more efficiently, IMHO. More dodging, less attacking chances, but once you get to attack, you deal huge amounts of damage on a wide area.

Having said that, Rabbys probably actually are among the harder enemies to use shield effectively against. But I don't think shielding against them is usually required.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I don't think it's the idea of 2H not to counterattack, it's more that a perfect guard is meant for a counterattack. However, a perfect guard on a Rabby does jack shit. Most enemies it stuns for a bit longer, allowing you to get a few more hits off or a stunlock in, but with these guys you knock them back a bit and they keep on coming. But even then, this is basically the only enemy in the game that does this.

2H play against Rabbys generally doesn't involve guarding. If you're playing the balanced way, then one should do a couple hits them reposition, of if you're playing the unbalanced way, a couple shield cancel hits will kill them. For these reasons (and the fact that they're so weak in the first place) means I think that guarding of any sort isn't intended to be used on Rabbys.

Basically, if you're guarding at all, make it a perfect guard. Otherwise running away is a much better solution :p

Kana

Rabby
I would love to perfect guard. haha
I want to make a character that defends heavily then attacks back heavily (inspired by knight aesthetic) and stand my ground and stuff with well timed skills and shielding.
But it just doesn't seem possible against half of the enemies is all. But if you say it's just rabby's, I'll give it some more shots.

Kana

Rabby
Okay ,that totally makes sense now. I wondered why I could outrun a halloweed in Arcade, but not in the Adventure.

I actually took a look at his build! It sounds like it would be fun, except he says specifically it needs to be one-handed. I liked the idea of two-handed specifically for aesthetic, so I'm a bit sad... :(:cool: