Automatic Backup Creator V1.11
(c++ based)

UPDATE 1.11

New features

• Winrar support
Bug fixes
  • Logic error that could have sent the program in an endless loop

Download

Sourcecode (i am a beginer so dont get a stroke ^^")

Features as of V 1.03

• Backup your savefiles
  • Restore your savefiles
  • Delete saved files
  • Autobackup mode which backs up the savefile one you exit the game (game has to run before starting this mode)

"Bugs"

• the programm cant detect if secrets is closed within the the 15 minutes between two backups but it will detect it once those are over and will close itself
  • 7-zip is needed

Download

Sourcecode

Last edited:

Poring

Rabby
erm ... I have this ... I went to "%AppData%\Secrets of Grindea\" and it's there ... but why does it says can not find ?
Earth_Spike.png
?

Poring

Rabby
oh ... sr ... i went to sleep ^^! ... I have the picture showing the error. Then I tried to use the 7zip link that you gave, and it worked :), seems like the prob's just that I don't have 7zip yet. That's all :)

Yuuki

Boar
oh ... sr ... i went to sleep ^^! ... I have the picture showing the error. Then I tried to use the 7zip link that you gave, and it worked :), seems like the prob's just that I don't have 7zip yet. That's all :)
thx, updated it to check if the file there in the begining.

also added delete option for the backups and a safety check in case you want to restore without having a backup.

Last edited:

Yuuki

Boar
its just not working yet.
the delete function, trying to find out why.

edit fixed.

Last edited:

Poring

Rabby
cool :D, if it's function is like that, can you make it launch with the game ? like: you can't program the game exe to launch it, then make it launch sercretsofgrindea.exe then auto use that function

Poring

Rabby
woah, at 1st the script I could understand. But this one I just blind. May I know the script and how did you make this exe ? :) maybe I can help make something too.

Yuuki

Boar
Code:
@echo off
set back=0
set x=0
if not exist "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7zG.exe" set back=1 & goto end
if not exist "c:\Secrets of Grindea Backup" md "c:\Secrets of Grindea Backup"
echo Automatic Backup Creator for Secrets of Grindea
echo.
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 269770
rem launches the game
timeout/t 10 /nobreak
set prog=Secrets Of Grindea.exe
goto  autoback

:auto
tasklist |find /i "%prog%" >nul
if %errorlevel% == 0 (
timeout/t 1800 /nobreak
echo backup created
echo.
goto autoback
) else (
set x=1
goto autoback
)

:autoback
cd "%AppData%\Secrets of Grindea\"
call "%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7zG.exe"  -t7z -mx=1 -ms=off -r u "c:\Secrets of Grindea Backup\Auto_Secrets_of_Grindea_Backup_%DATE:~7,2%.%DATE:~4,2%.%DATE:~-4% %TIME:~0,2%.%TIME:~3,2%.%TIME:~-5%.7z"
if %x% == 1 goto end
if %x% == 0 goto auto

:END
if %back%==1 echo 7-zip is missing, please download it.
pause

Poring

Rabby
woah, cool :D , it works nicely, I could use this to open game instead of the normal shortcut :D. Being a noob programmer I could understand a thing or 2, but I can't make all this on my own. I can learn something from the script. Don't know about anyone else but to me this is cool :D. Liked !!!

Poring

Rabby
erm ... when time is counting down, I press "ctrl+c" and enter "n", seems like it's still backing up.