Slow down the tempo on the trap in the Toy Factory on Hard

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
First time playing the game in maybe 2 months so I'm maybe just out of shape but it really felt like the tempo on the bomb dropping during the trap with Luke solving his first puzzle in the Toy Factory should slow down just a little. I managed to figure out how to beat it but I still tanked my way pretty much all the way through. If my memory isn't failing me now I think I saw a 10 damage difference on the train compared to the bombs so maybe the reason I made it through with 12 hp was because I stepped on the trains instead of taking damage from the bombs. Anyways it was the hardest part in the game so far (until the actual boss). :p I haven't tried normal difficulty yet so we'll see.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Yeah, i forgot that i played on hard and i was quite suprised on how hard that simple challenge was.
I died just once, but sometimes i wasn't able to get in time to the safe spot. when you have to run from top right to bottom left i couldn't make it.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
It may be a bit too quick, indeed! The way to maximize your chances would be to always move towards the center as the next set of bombs fall down, so you never have to run across the entire room, but I admit that's probably not something you really consider.

Perhaps it would be more suitable to have the bombs only slightly faster than Normal, but start out with 8 covered squares and make Luke even dumber?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
It may be a bit too quick, indeed! The way to maximize your chances would be to always move towards the center as the next set of bombs fall down, so you never have to run across the entire room, but I admit that's probably not something you really consider.

Perhaps it would be more suitable to have the bombs only slightly faster than Normal, but start out with 8 covered squares and make Luke even dumber?
I was moving to the center between the next bomb pattern but it's so hard when the trains block you off. If the trains weren't there I wouldn't mind the current speed.