[Solved] A list of general questions.

Thalldor

Green Slime
Thread Status: Solved

First off, I was trying to find the list of rules here but I was unable to find them. Could anyone direct me in the direction of the rule book so I may analyze them?

(Regarding the moderators) I also must apologies if this is against the rules, I was unable to find it so I would be unable to know. If this is against the rules please over look this mistake and simply delete this post.

This here is just a list of questions regarding the game, you don't have to answer every question and you can answer one question or all of them if you're brave or knowledgeable enough. If I am pleased with the answer or if it fulfills one of my questions then I'll cross it out by editing this original post.

0.1: Where is the rule book?

0.5: Where is the option to cross out a sentence or a word in the editing system?

1: When I activate hard mode does it raise their level at or modify their drop rate or anything other than simply more stats plus harder difficulty and nothing else?

2: Whats the reported max level currently?

3: Is there a harder than hard mode or is the current hard mode hard enough? (Something like in castle Crashers insane mode that mobs are VERY tough.) Been thinking about doing a super hard mode play through when I finish my casual play through

4: In arcade mode is there any way to save character progress or something as such? (Please forgive me I have not looked at Arcade mode yet)

5: Good spots to grind cards?

6: Best Aggressive build? I currently have a build with 2 handed weapon having 15% damage upgrade (With a damage card I think, can't remember about much it gives in total) stacking nothing but damage gear with fire talents and gold jump attack skill thing. Looking to improve if possible.

7: How over powered is the perfect block and how good is the skill that extends perfect blocks blocking period?

8: Healing class and healing potions or any type of on field healing ot
her than the healing orbs, are these a thing?

10: Is there any such thing as card trading?

11: How viable would a tanking build be and if it is viable what would be a good build for it?

Added -- 12: What spell skill is the best for range and damage and how viable is a total spell setup? I have not touched magic in my casual play through yet.

Hmm, I think that is all of my current questions.

Thank you in advance for any support that may be given.

Last edited:

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
0.5: Where is the option to cross out a sentence or a word in the editing system?
If you mean something like this on the forum: Insert (to the left from disc icon) -> Strike-through

1: When I activate hard mode does it raise their level at or modify their drop rate or anything other than simply more stats plus harder difficulty and nothing else?
There's no more drops. Enemies just get more stats and some new moves.

2: Whats the reported max level currently?
There's no max level (I think). You always get experience from enemies, but eventually you come to the point where every enemy gives you 1 exp. That's around 22-23 levels maybe. You can go higher if you are patient enough.

3: Is there a harder than hard mode or is the current hard mode hard enough? (Something like in castle Crashers insane mode that mobs are VERY tough.) Been thinking about doing a super hard mode play through when I finish my casual play through
Use /beastmode command (press "Enter" in-game to open chat). It's not some official feature, but makes enemies significantly stronger if you want greater challenge.

4: In arcade mode is there any way to save character progress or something as such? (Please forgive me I have not looked at Arcade mode yet)
Arcade mode is perma-death, but you gain Essence and points, which carry over runs. They are used to unlock new stuff and upgrade the Arcade town.

8: Healing class and healing potions or any type of on field healing other than the healing orbs, are these a thing?
10: Is there any such thing as card trading?
No. (though there are healing potions in Arcade)

Thalldor

Green Slime
If you mean something like this on the forum: Insert (to the left from disc icon) -> Strike-through

There's no more drops. Enemies just get more stats and some new moves.

There's no max level (I think). You always get experience from enemies, but eventually you come to the point where every enemy gives you 1 exp. That's around 22-23 levels maybe. You can go higher if you are patient enough.

Use /beastmode command (press "Enter" in-game to open chat). It's not some official feature, but makes enemies significantly stronger if you want greater challenge.

Arcade mode is perma-death, but you gain Essence and points, which carry over runs. They are used to unlock new stuff and upgrade the Arcade town.

No. (though there are healing potions in Arcade)

Thanks for the information! I have used the strike-through function on anything that you have answered.

Anyone that comes by please feel free to answer anything that is not crossed out.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
5 You'll have to be more specific since there are over 20 different cards to farm. :D

7 It's not overpowered since there are a lot of times when you can't take advantage of it. With certain builds it's a nice talent but it's not something you should always use.

10 There is no card trading in the game and I don't think that will ever be added since you can't collect more than one of each card that means that you'd trade away your only card and that is just not something you want to do since it takes hours to farm some of them. :p

11 Tanks builds are not viable since you can't force enemies to attack a certain player. However having a lot of DEF is still a very good build, especially if you use the shield a lot since DEF affects the damage the shield takes.

Thalldor

Green Slime
5 You'll have to be more specific since there are over 20 different cards to farm. :D

7 It's not overpowered since there are a lot of times when you can't take advantage of it. With certain builds it's a nice talent but it's not something you should always use.

10 There is no card trading in the game and I don't think that will ever be added since you can't collect more than one of each card that means that you'd trade away your only card and that is just not something you want to do since it takes hours to farm some of them. :p

11 Tanks builds are not viable since you can't force enemies to attack a certain player. However having a lot of DEF is still a very good build, especially if you use the shield a lot since DEF affects the damage the shield takes.

Although can't you get in the way of the enemy cause the attack to go to you instead of the other player you're protecting unless that attack has piercing... Unless all attacks have piercing although I wouldn't know as I've only played in single player so far.

I'll get back to you on that card one, need to see what one I'm missing.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Although can't you get in the way of the enemy cause the attack to go to you instead of the other player you're protecting unless that attack has piercing... Unless all attacks have piercing although I wouldn't know as I've only played in single player so far.

I'll get back to you on that card one, need to see what one I'm missing.
Well... It would be easier if your friend just put up his/her shield to protect himself/herself rather than you running around to block everything. Some boss mechanics will lock onto a player so you can't always protect the other player(s).

Thalldor

Green Slime
Well... It would be easier if your friend just put up his/her shield to protect himself/herself rather than you running around to block everything. Some boss mechanics will lock onto a player so you can't always protect the other player(s).

One player to defend and another player to deal the damage but aye, I know what you mean. I'm slightly disappointed that there are no special type of role in multiplayer groups that does something interesting that isn't just do DPS and try to not die.

Thalldor

Green Slime
I managed to develop a build which prioritises both DEF and ATK, which is a rare combo I know, but lets me casually run arcade mode without too much skill. It's here incase you're interested:

http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/arcade-survival-guide-the-battletank.6018/

Quite interesting. Do you think we could play arcade mod together sometime? Never touched that mode before and only the story so far. Possibly even BeaHard mode with me?,,, Doubt it since you haven't responded to my obvious want for it.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It takes a lot of practice to get through. Basically, if you can beat this hard beastmode thing you're doing, you'll be somewhat prepared for Arcade. That's the best training you can get outside of the mode. I'd love to show you the ropes, but a combo of a bad internet and me needing to host due to my build being heavily reliant on timing, I'd probably wait until you've gotten to floor 9 at least until we even attempt multiplayer. Either way, I'm always up for any sort of multiplayer, so add me on Steam if you want. Links are under the information tab on my profile page (click on my avatar)

Thalldor

Green Slime
It takes a lot of practice to get through. Basically, if you can beat this hard beastmode thing you're doing, you'll be somewhat prepared for Arcade. That's the best training you can get outside of the mode. I'd love to show you the ropes, but a combo of a bad internet and me needing to host due to my build being heavily reliant on timing, I'd probably wait until you've gotten to floor 9 at least until we even attempt multiplayer. Either way, I'm always up for any sort of multiplayer, so add me on Steam if you want. Links are under the information tab on my profile page (click on my avatar)

Haha, okay. I guess we can try BeaHard mode sometime when I get home from work if you're fine with that. I have fairly good internet so that should help some. I guess I'll see how difficult things truly are soon. So far things have been a breeze so I wanted to just take a huge step up to something very difficult. (I have 1 - 2 shot every normal mob and 3 - 6 shot every boss {Excluding toy maker of course but I did decide to kill him the hard way because they train track bugged out on me during that fight making it impossible for the trains to hit the boss} I have ever encountered so far with dying only 1 time to a mistake for when I was not paying attention and that is not me over exaggerating... But I'm sure deaths will start to rack up very soon as well with my confidence. xD

Somewhat prepared? Is it truly that difficult? I wonder if what I've signed myself up for was smart.....

Edit: THIS IS A RESPONSE TO THE CARD THING!

I am missing the following carrds

Bee card

Bloomo Card

Boar Card

Lantarn jack card

Halloweed Card

Ghosty card (Tried grinding these guys for awhile but nothing so far.)

Wisp Card

Pecko card

Guardian card

Brawler Card

Blue Slime Card

Frostling Scoundrel Card

Present Card

Mage of Seasons Carad

Knight OF seasonss card

Soup Card

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Depends if you're the tolerant type, and like to sit back and watch things to learn how they work. I'm a much more casual player, just throwing myself in the mix and learning the hard way. I reckon "beahard" is slightly more difficult than Arcade actually, bit of an over exaggeration on my part. And don't worry, for me it's obligatory for Rabbys to still be 4-5 normal hits with a 1H sword... by the end of the game. It's not for the light-hearted.

Thalldor

Green Slime
Depends if you're the tolerant type, and like to sit back and watch things to learn how they work. I'm a much more casual player, just throwing myself in the mix and learning the hard way. I reckon "beahard" is slightly more difficult than Arcade actually, bit of an over exaggeration on my part. And don't worry, for me it's obligatory for Rabbys to still be 4-5 normal hits with a 1H sword... by the end of the game. It's not for the light-hearted.

Aye, that's what I'm signing up for knowing that BeaHard is not for the light-hearted, I have a tendency to create very very hard things that are not for the light-hearted so I'm hoping that I can do this with a group. I plan on doing just about the same as you're as I just do it without reading unless I really have to as it brings in more fun and as long as you're willing to stick around I don't care how much you die during our BeaHard mode thing. But I'm sure if anyone can defeat Beahard mode can probably take down Arcade mode but you should have a bit more experience as you have been playing Arcade mode for a bit and you probably have a fair amount of time played. (If you have battle block and check my levels you can see what I'm talking about, very very tough levels but tested by me.)

Rabbys 4 - 5 hits? I could 1 shot them at level 10ish with a normal attack using my 2 handed thing, and I can almost consistently deal 1000 damage as well with a skill attack. (Not at level 10 though.)

It also appears we are the only 2 online currently talking back and forth to each other. xD

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I keep constant watch of this place when I can. I wouldn't be surprised if I've refreshed the page about 6 times in the last hour :p

Thalldor

Green Slime
Well, you might see me around here much more often because I have nothing better to do. xD

Unless I lose interest in the game I'll probably stop by every day.

Also, I did add something to the list regarding how good magic might be? Do you have a response regarding this?

Edit: Haha, I see you have already played BeaHard mode some.

Last edited:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
For the best ranged damage, I choose Meteor and Earth Spike, and the talent Prismatic, along with any +EP regen you can get. That's the basis of it, but it allows you to sit at a distance and pummel stuff to death pretty efficiently. Sadly, it's not efficient enough for Arcade mode. You may also want to pump Manaburn, and some other +MATK talents.

Thalldor

Green Slime
For the best ranged damage, I choose Meteor and Earth Spike, and the talent Prismatic, along with any +EP regen you can get. That's the basis of it, but it allows you to sit at a distance and pummel stuff to death pretty efficiently. Sadly, it's not efficient enough for Arcade mode. You may also want to pump Manaburn, and some other +MATK talents.

Alrighty, thanks for the information.

I was looking at some other forum posts as well and I saw someone talking about capturing a pet... How would one be able to achieve this as the game does not talk about this at all and I simply assumed that it would bring it up later but it appears I might be wrong. Is there a guide link or...? Not a lot of informative websites are out there currently for this game.

Thalldor

Green Slime
Go into the barn in West Evergrind Fields. Farmer Oak will take you from there :p

Bah, wish they made the guy more obvious... Perhaps a giant arrow sign with sparkling lights pointing towards his super hidden barn will do it for me. xD

Thanks for all the help and information you have given me. I'll send you a friend invite in a little bit. If you have anything else you want to add or simply talk about feel free to.
Also, do you have a microphone? It will make our coop thing a bit easier if you're willing but if you don't have one or you just simply don't want to talk to some guy that is fine.

tkld178

Rabby
Can anyone join this? I might not have the best laptop but i have a lot of experience and this sounds like fun.
I don't have a mic btw.