[STABLE] Tai Ming Crash

slashingwinds

Green Slime
This crash occurred multiple times when the Corrupted Priestess boss was defeated, at the very end of its defeat cutscene.
Eventually, the crash randomly didn't happen. I saved and quit in Tai Ming, and now it's happening again ):
AKA I instacrash.
Based on my coding knowledge I think the game might be missing a resource, so hopefully the file isn't dead.

Edit: It will randomly not crash sometimes. I have no idea why, but it does.

LOG
Version: 0.800a Steamy Hot Stable
Error: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at SoG.SoundSystem.ChangeSongRegionIfNecessary(String sSongName) in (path)\SoundSystem\SoundSystem.cs:line 1070
at SoG.SoundSystem.PlayMixCues(String sSong1, String sSong2) in (path)\SoundSystem\SoundSystem.cs:line 831
at SoG.Game1._LevelLoading_DoStuff_TaiMing(ZoneEnum enLevel, Boolean bStaticOnly) in (path)\LevelLoading\TaiMing.cs:line 32
at SoG.Game1._LevelLoading_DoStuff(ZoneEnum enLevel, Boolean bStaticOnly) in (path)\LevelLoading\SpecialConditions.cs:line 17474
at SoG.Game1._Level_Load(LevelBlueprint xBP, Boolean bStaticOnly) in (path)\LevelLoading\LevelMaster.cs:line 1533 - FullScreen: No - NetworkRole: LocalOnly - MD5: 04030f7f310a5b3bae1ae3ad1ab46da1

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I've uploaded a diagnostics build to the "Spec Ops"-branch, where we test strange bugs! It's basically the same as Stable except some extra debug info added to crash logs.

Could you switch to that one and see if you can crash the game again, and then post the new error here?

To switch to specops, do the following:

Go into the game's properties in Steam
Go to the Betas tab
In the password field, type "thebloomorises" (without quotes)
Select the "specops1" beta and wait for the game to be updated

slashingwinds

Green Slime
Version: 0.800a Steamy Hot Unstable
Error: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at SoG.SoundSystem.ChangeSongRegionIfNecessary(String sSongName) in (path)\SoundSystem\SoundSystem.cs:line 1076
at SoG.SoundSystem.PlayMixCues(String sSong1, String sSong2) in (path)\SoundSystem\SoundSystem.cs:line 830
at Bagmen.TaiMing_Zone01.OnInstruction(Byte byInstructionID, Single[] afParams) in (path)\GameProgress\Bagmen.cs:line 19941
at CutsceneEvents.BagmanInstructionEvent.OnEnter() in (path)\DialogueSystem n Cutscenes\CutsceneMaster.cs:line 2085
at SoG.CutsceneControl.OnRelease() in (path)\DialogueSystem n Cutscenes\CutsceneMaster.cs:line 484
at SoG.CutsceneControl.OnSkipped() in (path)\DialogueSystem n Cutscenes\CutsceneMaster.cs:line 423
at SoG.CutsceneControl.Update() in (path)\DialogueSystem n Cutscenes\CutsceneMaster.cs:line 131
at SoG.Game1._Cutscene_Update() in (path)\DialogueSystem n Cutscenes\CutsceneMaster.cs:line 912
at SoG.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in (path)\Game1.cs:line 1111 - FullScreen: No - NetworkRole: LocalOnly - SongRegB: False - SongRegC: 0 - SongRegM: TaiMing_Present - MD5: 024aff7dd1bbff063761cde512fc8863

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Thanks a lot!

Before this happens, do you hear any other music playing? Or is there no music/sound at all?

slashingwinds

Green Slime
Thanks a lot!

Before this happens, do you hear any other music playing? Or is there no music/sound at all?
I tried messing with the audio settings on my PC and found that changing my audio settings fixed the error. I wasn't getting anything like this beforehand though.

I was using Voicemeeter for its numerous audio tracks, and after my few attempts, I can recreate the crash when the application is active.
When it is active, no sound or music can play at all (I didn't pick up on this because I play a large majority of my games muted)
Using Voicemeeter hasn't caused any other issues such as crashes or errors, just the one Tai Ming crash and no sound.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Alright, then I understand what happened! The sound system failed to initiate because of some conflict with your other program, which just disables it and lets the game run without sound.

However, the Tai Ming tracks work a bit differently since they can crossfade between each other, and I had made a mistake in their play function where it could run despite the sound system being deactivated! So it tried accessing something that simply wasn't loaded.

Thanks for the help! I'll fix it so the game won't crash in Tai Ming even if the sound engine is disabled!