Version 0.650a

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.650a - FUUUSION

Summary:
This update brings the Stable into the Frontline!

Update Description

The summary provided adequate explanation.

Additions
  • Merged the versions and added Mt Bloom to the Stable branch!
Bug Fixes
  • Trying to save with no free space on disk now produces an error message instead of crashing the game
Next Patch, 0.660 Frontline: Temple time! It's a bit unclear how we'll divide the temple, but it will probably by in 2-3 pieces like we did with Temple of Seasons!

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The mushroom shield only makes a sound and doesn't spawn any mushrooms when being used in the Season Temple, even when there's no style shield equipped :bag:

Anyone else finding the "blinded" effect INCREDIBLY eye soaring? its hurting my eyes so much to the point where I'm sticking to the summer shield because I can't deal with the fungi the mushroom shield creates when perfectly blocking. Honestly I only stuck around in the mountain as long as I needed too and purposefully set the Spinsects to their crazed spinning as they would clear up the gassy mushrooms for me.

Although It did look stunningly beautiful and interesting, and the puzzles were fun and challenging; but still fairly solve-able due to the limited amount of options the puzzle could have taken. Easy enough not to be annoying but hard enough to be frustrating because you pressed Z a millisecond too slow god dammit! ;)

>Bugs<
Blue (my snowy Golem) has been acting rather odd in the new area; he always see's the new boss as a threat even after I've killed it [See image]. I also found that my happy cloud also does it as well.

Another thing is that he is immune to poison; both on the ground and as the gas. I don't know if this was intentional or not but it makes him OP in the boss fight, I just found a safe spot near the door and let my invulnerable golem destroy it

Furthermore Charging an ability while walking over slime left from Upgraded green slimes causes the camera to gitter while walking. Just a small thing but its noticeable

Another thing is that in the Seasons spawning room, if you get caught in a tornado you can be wedged between the wall and a season orb. The only way out I could find was either teleporting out or leaving the game and re-joining.
Secters of grindea bug 1.png

otherwise it was a great patch and a lot of fun!
~Small ;)

[Final note] Any way to make that image under spoilers for people who haven't got that far in the game? IDK how

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I got a question how long does it take that the stable patch get updated for the DRM-Free version?

Since it's not auto updated I usually wait 5-7 days before to ensure that no critical bugs slipped past the Frontline testers (the Stable crowd is much bigger)! So, probably between Monday-Wednesday!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
You made the sounds a bit louder as well! Nice one, sounds much better :D

Haha, yeah, I think my settings were a bit off when I tested the sounds the first time around!

I lowered the sword swing sound a little bit to make it drown out other effects less, too.

Ummm no I do not, I actually like it b/c it gives you 25 crit with the mushroom card for op dmg =)

yeah, the bonus is good just whenever I go in and out of it it really hurts my eyes after a while due to the bright contrast mixing with the mostly black screen; it may be just me though. Admittedly the huge crit buff is really good; especially for people who run 2 handed crit builds but yeah, its becoming unpleasant after a while :p

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I just started translating new Mt Bloom patch and new cards aren't flagged for retranslation.

EDIT:
btw, talking about mushrooms. How about some effect to make enemies blind, so they "don't see you" and try to attack the air where you last stood? Sounds fun to me, but not sure where to put it.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
No main story quest in the log in the new update after talking to dad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QzpuqjWLjcI#t=267

Nice find! The video doesn't show how it happened, but I found what probably caused it in a flag trigger mistiming. When you talk to Dad, the flag is stored, but the quest is given at the end of the cutscene.

In other words: if you talk to him and then exit the game mid-cutscene for whatever reason (maybe because you want your disconnected friend to be able to watch the cutscene with you, w/e) then you never get the quest but the "talked to dad" flag makes him go down a different code branch.

It'll be fixed in the next update! I think it should be trivial to also add some auto repair code that detects this and progresses the quest accordingly for the unlucky few who've managed to get this bug.

Own

On the issue of people logging out...

Say you and a friend are in one of the bouncing areas. They're at the end waiting for you and you're still stuck near the beginning. You crash, or you disconnect and reconnect to return to them. If they open the chest while you're not there, you're a bit out of luck. I saw someone not get the final piece of the Mysterious Device because they reconnected to get past the puzzles.

Do you think it's worth reworking chests so that everyone has to open them to get the loot inside? Or, if someone logs in and hasn't had the flag for that chest triggered for their character, it appears closed to them and is openable for them to get the loot from?

I think I would kind of like 'individual chest flags' thing instead of one opening it for the group, or at least as an option in the lobby. Since if you are in co-op, it only takes one quick person to get to the loot in the bonus bouncing ray facility to render all the challenges pointless for everyone else in the party. :p

KawaiiTohka

Green Slime
Is the Pumpkin Mask not supposed to show up?
2c3b6ab89c8d3b9fbe44bee44b115aba.jpg

d75a5193ec9cce577ed3c1601a9cca30.jpg

Maybe i'm just crazy, but i'm preeeetty sure something is missing.

Also the Crystal Hat is cool. :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It goes in the hat slot, not the facegear one :p I don't know why it's even available in the facegear slot anyway... #BlameTeddy

res7less

Jumpkin
Say you and a friend are in one of the bouncing areas. They're at the end waiting for you and you're still stuck near the beginning. You crash, or you disconnect and reconnect to return to them. If they open the chest while you're not there, you're a bit out of luck. I saw someone not get the final piece of the Mysterious Device because they reconnected to get past the puzzles.
It's like you were watching the same stream I was watching with two guys in the bouncing area. Was that the one with the red mage from final fantasy on his screen? There was also a guy (...), who explained everything when they messed up - like in the season temple where they tried to farm a mage hat, but didn't understand that they have to stay in the room longer for the mages to spawn.