"Static Touch will likely remain unchanged, but we are discussing whether to make a change so that you collect the cubes by battling, and by keeping on battling enemies they will get more and more charged. With this change you’d either be able to unleash the cubes upon a single enemy by using the skill again, or they’d be unleashed automatically when they’ve reached max charge level. Again, we haven’t decided whether to actually make this change yet, though."

Personally, I would love it if Static Touch was a more "passive skill"
Where instead of casting the skill to get orbs, you only get them through battle, and then using the skill itself will release all the cubes upon a single enemy (this also eliminates the need to charge the skill, so casting it will make it act like a utility skill) -- this way the skill is balanced and you can't cast the skill twice to instantly overpower every enemy.

I guess this was kinda implied, but by saying "using the skill again" it also implies that using the skill in the first place DOES gives you cubes, which, in my opinion, is slightly overpowered.

I love you...
Paco Pequeño

Personally, I would love it if Static Touch was a more "passive skill"
I'd just like to mention, if you think this is too overpowered, you could balance it by blocking EP and making it activate / release on max charge (so you can't control who it releases upon) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯