"Steelface" in Tai Ming bugged -- can't progress -- fatal

eaarthman

Green Slime
I'm in the battle where you acquire the shield. I got the shield and even equipped it. But no matter what I do, the battle never ends. I kill all the monsters, and then they all respawn. Over and over and over again.

I'm playing with my another person.

Another odd thing that happened: just as we were acquiring the shield and reading the dialogue, my partner was killed. All the monsters were still active. She died on my screen, but on her own, she was still alive. After the dialogue ended (and we both equipped the shield), we continued to fight the monsters. She appeared to be a ghost. Eventually I 'resurrected' her just to get rid of the glitch on my own screen.

We have quit and restarted several times. The monsters never go away and we can never progress past this section.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
That sounds both weird and very annoying!

The shield should refuse to be picked up before the room is cleared of enemies... perhaps that's what bugging out, but I'm not sure.

Could you upload the hosting player's save files (both the character and world file) in a .zip file to the forums? You can find the save files in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea! Your first slot is named 0.cha and 0.wld, and so on.

Also, if you're okay with replaying the area, you can type /taiming3reset in chat to reset the third zone and see if you can progress this time around (it's probably best if the host does this alone first, and then the other player can join after the zone is reset)

eaarthman

Green Slime
How many waves of monsters are there? I did what you suggested, and it reset, but no matter how many waves I killed, more kept appearing. If I knew for sure there were X waves, then I'd keep trying....

Btw, even after I reset, when my partner joined, she still had the shield. I also tried resetting with her in the game, but it just booted her and reset for me. She still had shield.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
How many waves of monsters are there?

I think there's supposed to be four waves before the blockades disappear. The last wave in 2P should be a statue, an elite echo and a monkey!

I took a look at your save file, and while you did bug the game slightly by somehow rescuing Shiidu before the room was beaten, it was in fact possible to get past it by killing all the waves!

I also tried resetting with her in the game, but it just booted her and reset for me. She still had shield.

Since she's the client, it's ok that she still has the shield! It won't change anything (she just won't pick it up if you rescue Shiidu again)