[Suggestion] about weapons.

Lhynkrix

Green Slime
So i've been playing the game for a long time now(11 hours or something) and I can't stop playing it.
even with the unfinished story it still has hours of entertainment such as crafting and fishing and card collecting.
And i love the way you can set a hat style, so i can still wear my blue slime hat but get the stats of a better hat. so i wondered, what if there was a way to make your weapons look and sound like a wooden sword or carrot sword while you were actually using the laser sword.

i dunno, this is just something i thought of right now like 7:30 in the morning.
(maybe adding a dual-wield system aswell with a talent that makes you hit faster when dual-wielding weapons and when you reach silver or gold charge you can also dual-wield two handed weapons)
(im tired, need another cup of tea)

- Lhynkrix (The one and only)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Having a "weapon style" slot is something that I also suggested when I first got my hands on the game. I can't seem to find any threads about it here on the forum so I'm guessing it was discussed on one of the older forums that the devs used in the beginning of the beta. To me it sounds like it would be mostly code that has to be written to make this happen, which is Teddy's area, so I'm guessing that the reason it's not been added is because it would take too much time. Teddy is doing all the coding himself so unless I make any progress with my attempts to clone him I don't think we will have the option to change style on our weapons. :(

Also, dual wielding has been suggested before. You can read the discussion we had a while back over here: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/dual-wielding.621/#post-4691
:)

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
As for weapon style, it's like with the locked seed in Arcade - it's easy to do, but takes a bit more time when you want to implement it properly. Also, I don't know if it happens now, but what if weapons had different ranges? Then they would need to scale which may look bad or require different-sized sprites for each weapon.