[Suggestion] Balanced Healing

Octotroph

Green Slime
My suggestion is simple: add a 5-tier talent that allows you to regenerate 0.1% of your health per basic attack hit per talent level (max 0.5%), triggering once every 1.2 - (0.1 * (talent level - 1)) seconds. At max level it will take you 200 attacks over 160 seconds to heal an entire health bar's worth.

"But Octo, [you can already block or avoid all attacks / the game is too easy already / that seems like too little healing / insert other similar arguments]!" I'm sure you have your points, but here's my thinking:

~Talent Point Economy: If you have something better to put your talent points towards then by all means ignore this. It's a completely optional boost to survivability for newer players that have trouble avoiding or blocking attacks.

~Healing During Boss Fights: Not all bosses have adds that drop health globes if you kill them. This is a way to prolong the war of attrition you engage in so you don't have to remember to summon allies, cast buffs, etc. each time you die. It gives you just a bit more time to learn the boss's moveset and might provide the slight nudge you need to finish the job. A cure for the "If only I had survived that attack" and "They had a pixel of health left" maladies, but not for the "Man, I wish I had a health potion I could use". Speaking of...

~Not Healing On-Demand: I'm sure we've all played games where you could use a potion to regain 20hp, 30% of your health, etc.. You should know, then, that with enough money you can beat any enemy in those game (so long as they don't one-shot you). In a game with "grind" in the title, you'd expect to earn a lot of money to buy a lot of health potions. This is the prime reason Healing On-Demand should never by implemented here. It would either cost a fortune (like, Bottled Water levels of cost) or unbalance the game dramatically.

~Only Works In Combat: Sure, enemies drop health globes occasionally. At 600hp I heal for 120 (if I recall correctly), so what difference does 3hp a swing every 0.8 seconds make? It makes all the difference when a globe doesn't drop. In fact, you could add a "hidden" stipulation to this talent that makes health globes slightly less effective (i.e. instead of healing 20% of your max health per globe, you would heal for 20 - talent level % of your max health per globe). It would be worded in some way similar to "Allows you to heal when you hit an enemy, but makes other sources of healing slightly less effective".

If I had my pick of a name, I think I would call it something along the lines of "Resurgence", "Adrenaline", or "Rejuvenating Assault". I don't like "Vampirism", however, since it insinuates your adoption of a supernatural ability, same with "Life Steal". I feel they wouldn't much fit the theme of Grindea, where everything you can do is more or less natural (yes, even the magic. It's rooted in the 4 elements and/or seasons, depending on how you look at it).

Alright, that's it for me. Hope this inspires you to add some form of passive healing. If you have any questions or arguments not addressed above I'll be happy to address them, especially if they're balance-related. I usually err on the "not quite strong enough" side of things since I believe they can always be buffed later on if need be.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
This is a way to prolong the war of attrition you engage in so you don't have to remember to summon allies, cast buffs, etc. each time you die.
Talking about it, would be useful if your active summons were used automatically when you revive. To many times forgot to recast something and realized this after half an hour :chicken: