Suggestion For "Fine Taste" Talent and Lightning Potion Interraction

"Fine Taste" is a talent that boosts potion effects by around 36%. The way this manifests in the lightning potion is instead of 4 thunder orbs you get 5. There is a small issue I see with that. You see, receiving thunder orbs when you're already at max capacity of 8 doesn't do anything. It doesn't increase the duration of the old orbs or replace them with new ones. Effectively, any new orb activated at max capacity is completely wasted. The problem with that is I often recharge my lightning potion before my existing thunder orbs run out. And if I drink it before rhey disappear - I only get 3 orbs, since I had 5 orbitting me. And once those 5 old orbs disappear - I will be left with 3 orbs and lowered damage as a result, compared to not having "Fine Taste". I could wait until my current ones run out, but that also means less orb uptime and less effective DPS. This makes orb management very cumbersome and significiantly dimishes the benefit of Fine Taste upon that potion, possibly even reducing the actual effectiveness of the potion instead of increasing it.

May I suggest making it so the talent boosts either the thunder orb damage or their duration, instead of the amount? So that it's more streamlined and doesn't interfere with its own self.

Last edited: