[Suggestion] make GUN-D4M projectiles random

Adereon

Green Slime
Hi,

I'v just been doing some boss fights and i found a spot where you can pretty much afk while GUN-D4M fires his last salvo of projectiles (you can still get hit by the sky-rockets).

My suggestion: make the projectiles more random so we actually have to put in effort in dodging.

Attachments

• GUN-D4M_safe_spot.png
    GUN-D4M_safe_spot.png
    267.3 KB · Views: 38

Horvath

Green Slime
Yeah, I agree while I never found this spot I do use the spot, right of the entrance where I can just move left or right slightly so more random would help, but then again too random and its too hard.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, once you get the pace down or if you're a bullet hell fan, it isn't that hard. Out of curiosity, though, have any of you tried the battle on hard? That might be more to your liking!

A problem with making a mandatory bullet hell boss too difficult on Normal mode is that this isn't a game where you'd expect to find a bullet hell, and people are generally really bad at bullet hells! While you say the overheat on Normal is ez mode, I don't think I've seen any part of the game wreck as many let's players and streamers. Right now it seems to invoke a feeling of grim determination (good), and I'm wary of tipping the balance into soul crushing despair (bad).

On a side note I very much look forward to making a "Furious GUN-D4M" or whatever his Challenge counterpart will be :p

Horvath

Green Slime
Im going to try the fight on hard now =D

edit:
Yeah Hard is a whole different story XD

Last edited:

Aurophobia

Halloweed
I would to fight a Story Mode harder version of him, but yeah even going back to him ain't bad (he still hits kinda hard when you goof), but Me and the Wife beat him 2nd try, 1st try being pretty close (didn't grasp the concept of the hands only attacking when you hit them part until it was way later)

For a first dungeon boss, I think the difficulty is fuckin' on point. I still enjoy the fight. (Makes me think of Sigma Final Fight in Megaman X)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Beating GUN-D4M on hard was so much fun and even if I'm not a bullet hell fan I still felt that it really fit the boss. Even if the attacks that break the shield were homing in on me and were the reason why it took me 10 or so tries to beat him I really loved this fight. 5/5! <3 For the normal "bullet hell" I put my character in a safe spot on the left and leave for a bathroom break. :D

Adereon

Green Slime
Alright, I indeed missed the hard story mode. I will try that right now actually. As a side note: do monsters and bosses have a higher chance of dropping items on harder difficulty?

edit: beat him on my 3rd try, the first two times i died during the bullet hell at the very last bullets :p. certainly more challenging!

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Alright, I indeed missed the hard story mode. I will try that right now actually. As a side note: do monsters and bosses have a higher chance of dropping items on harder difficulty?
No, the drop rates do not increase when you change to hard difficulty.

Sastron

Green Slime
I can now beat him on hard 100% of the time with either a 1h spec, 2h or and magic spec while taking less than 200 dmg. The defensive support magic is incredibly helpful, but it is still a lot of fun and was definitely the hardest boss in story mode so far.