Suggestion to give something more to grind for

redspiderlily

Green Slime
first of all, thank you for making this game, i enjoyed it a lot even if it's still beta.

I have to say that i dont enjoy arcade as much as story (been playing with friends. arcade mode with lag is more stressful than enjoyable). But i feel that story mode doesnt offer much to grind at the moment beside level, cards and pet foods. so here is my suggestion:

1. upgradeable equipments, there are some way to approach this, example, you can make every enemy drop a gem that can be used by the blacksmith to upgrade up to +5 (higher upgrade is harder and require more gem and gold. if it fails, it will be downgraded back to +1), the stronger the item also increases gem and gold required. the stat it gives could be just base atk/matk for weapon, sp for head, def/hp for armor/glove/boots.

2. have another 2 slots for something called spirit or soul that is also dropped by enemies, which gives any combination of the 2 stats generated randomly (could be +5hp +1atk, or +8sp +3aspd) the stronger the monster is, the more chance to get spirit of a higher stats).

maybe implement max lvl for character and pet? (maybe 40 for character and 20 for pet) and later have some late game content like infinity tower (simiar to arcade mode) but in story mode and be balanced around people having level 35-40. having a max level also let people to really choose the skills and talent they want rather than having it all eventually.

also, i know that maybe not everybody feel this way, but i like to grind a lot, i even got to lv 26 even before entering tai ming so the content feels a bit too easy for me. maybe the stat it gives by leveling up is too high? we already get a skill point and talent point from leveling up, i think the hp/atk from leveling up should be lower.

That's all from me, i thank you for reading my idea whether you like it or not. i said this because i rather play with my story mode character that i care so much compared to have to retry from lv1 everytime in arcade mode.