MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Even after 100 hours of play and some revisions to the UI I lose focus from time to time.
I guess it is the fact that every element is either yellow or brown (/gold) that nothing really stands out.

Yes I can see where I am with the "cursor", but I sometimes lose my position if I am not paying to much attention.
What follows is a 'paint' example of what small improvements might be acceptable. (I know this looks horrible. This is just an example of what I want to convey.)

269770_20160904101113_1.png
  1. "Silver" outlines as contrast to the "Gold" even for the top icons and the left navigation menu
  2. Grey backgrounds for non-selected elements (or other, but not brown in brown)
  3. Bee monster background lifted from a grey-ish blue to a more sky-blue to further emphasise the difference
  4. Bee card background lifted from the brown that nearly other menu item has to a sunnier brown
  5. Left Navigation Menu now has a selector on both sides

Alternative where backgrounds are not grey but less saturated and the grey/silver borders exists

269770_20160904101113_1_2.png

Original to compare

269770_20160904104616_1.png

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
The item selection is even worse (sorry)

this is the state: Frontline Version: 0.660b

269770_20160904113919_1.png

all items have the same outer border, and outer backgrounds and the only thing that changes is the golden inner border and the ligher inner background

I suggest either animating parts of the UI as was done in the skill "tree" and a bigger emphasis on the chosen object, while de-emphasising other objects.

269770_20160904113919_2.png

Changes:
  • lighter inner background for not chosen items
  • darker inner background for chosen item
  • golden outer border for chosen item

Also the 'list' icon as an indicator that this item is a crafting ingredient is not good.
It should be the same as the crafting top menu icon (which is a flask right now (which maybe should be changed to an anvil??))

Last edited: