Suggestions for Cafe in Evergrind.

Hobo

Rabby
I'll make this short and sweet, it would be really cool if he gave out quests, gathering food items from all around Grindea in attempts to make his business more popular.

example quest:30 apples, 15 honey jars, starts selling carmelized apples which draws in an NPC customer to his Cafe from far lands away from Grindea.

all food items could have some kind of temporary boost to stats or some special effect ( think well-fed-esq jarsue )

slowly over time as you unlock more quests and different areas of Grindea the amount of NPCs inside the cafe grow and more and more people appear as it becomes popular due to his renound recipes!

and possibly secret recipes with some kind of simple mixing User Interface where you add items with an edible tag (honey,berries,apples,pumpkin meat/etc) and craft different recipes, or simply fail and get a "Disgusting food mixture" from bad mixes.

Hobo

Rabby
To follow the new guidlines I'd like to say the Why?/Motivation? behind this is because I feel like even though this game is beta and I am sure you have wonderful things planned for the Cafe, I worry and I feel like this would give it a lot more life to what it is now, and suggestions never hurt!

plus a lot of food based items seem to have not much of a use besides one off things/being sold to an NPC for the few gold.

Momizi

Rabby
yah i saw the guy at the cafe and felt bad for him

i hope you can help him out sometime in the game x-x

Naythan

Green Slime
The chap behind the counter is complaining where all of the customers have got to, perhaps a small side quest to get new NPC's to visit the area. This is just something I've come up with within a few seconds, but, how about the guy asks you to advertise his business around the town? He could give you x20 posters and you have to go and stick them up on various walls, hand them to all NPC's in town etc.

Or you could be evil and dump them in the little river that passes through Evergrind City?! Something not so dull as 'COLLECT 100 jars of honey'. > Instead, go advertise his business with flyers (or drop them all in the canal: with consequences, such as barring you from the cafe, or charging you double price when he finds out you lied to him).

Momizi

Rabby
the reason he has no custemers is becouse his prices are too high

he seems to have good food becouse the Von Grindins eat there so it cant be that his food is bad

the quest should do something that makes him realise his prices are too high

but i cant think of an idea right now ._.

Naythan

Green Slime
I didn't realise the back story, sorry (my bad). It does feel as though there are random buildings with no attribute to the game. Am I missing something from the Café, or is it just a visual and NPC chat environment at the moment?

Momizi

Rabby
I didn't realise the back story, sorry (my bad). It does feel as though there are random buildings with no attribute to the game. Am I missing something from the Café, or is it just a visual and NPC chat environment at the moment?

if you talk to the waitress she says that belmonts prices are too high and thats the reason why he has no custemers

the people eating on the roof im asuming are Marino's mom and sister (the Von Grindins), gessing from how they talk to you

Fred

Developer
Staff member
I for one actually like both the "Gather stuff to make new food with" and the "Put up posters all over Grindea to help spread the word"-quests. Would be cool if there were one last quest, maybe where you would help Belmont redesign the look of the cafe in some way so you can turn all three of them into a questline. It would play out like an episode of Kitchen Nightmares!
For each successful step, more people would appear until you finally would be able to help him turn the cafe into a success. Unlocking different food items you could buy along the way would be a nice touch as well!

Whichever route we choose to take, there's always been plans to add more NPC's to hang out in the cafe so you don't have to worry about it looking all dead and empty. It's just a very low priority thing right now, like so many other things ;D

Aurophobia

Halloweed
I demand a secret optional portal in the basement of the cafe that leads to a killer food world upon completion of those quests.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I demand a secret optional portal in the basement of the cafe that leads to a killer food world upon completion of those quests.
For that kind of Power you need to be a master collector xD
But i think that is a neat idea. That could be the reason everything he's selling is so expensive. Gathering the supplies is dangerous and time consuming and he wants to keep it a secret. Maybe at first he is ok with Pecko-chicken but this is way too low quality and when you've defeated some bosses (Gund4m+1) he respects you as a fighter and asks you for help.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Maybe you could get something sweet for the kitchen area in your house by helping him out so much with all the quests? ;) ;)