Super-secret super-sneaky Season Temple fishing spot?

Own

You see fishies swimming in a spot when the water is frozen... but as soon as you thaw it, they scatter and vanish. :( How would you stop that?

upload_2015-5-14_8-38-27.png

It'd be pretty great to see secret fishing spots like this in the game, especially if the fish could serve as crafting or quest components. People would wrack their brains trying to solve this 'puzzle'. :D Seeing some season-themed Spring/Summer/Autumn fish would be pretty cute too. <3

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Hey, don't you do anything else than come with good suggestions for this game? Seriously, I wish I had as much time to come up with stuff like this as you do. XD

Own

Honestly? I keep a notepad .txt document open when I play once or twice a week and type a bunch blurbs down in the middle of Arcading or trying a speedrun of Story Mode. Then a couple days later if they seem worth posting I type them out, then pace them out to avoid spamming and post 'em. :p A ton of random thoughts of 'Oh, that would be cool...' go through my mind when I play most any game that I love and has developers receptive to player suggestions. I assume most people get those kind of thoughts and just... don't bother jotting them down and forget about them? >_> I do the same with things that look like they might be bugs, since most people when they see something odd but not gamebreaking, they just ignore it and forget that, too.

Even my Shadowclone guide was written in bits and pieces in it across a couple weeks, jotting down notes on enemies here and there. I wrote down enemy status effects / potential Candy brews that would look cool over the course of a month whenever one popped into my mind, until it looked decent enough to post. :D

I find suggestions usually are best left sat on for a few days or a week, so you can go back and look at them, see if they sound dumb in hindsight. You should try it and see what comes of it.

GarlicJelly

Honestly? I keep a notepad .txt document open when I play once or twice a week and type a bunch blurbs down in the middle of Arcading or trying a speedrun of Story Mode. Then a couple days later if they seem worth posting I type them out, then pace them out to avoid spamming and post 'em. :p A ton of random thoughts of 'Oh, that would be cool...' go through my mind when I play most any game that I love and has developers receptive to player suggestions. I assume most people get those kind of thoughts and just... don't bother jotting them down and forget about them? >_> I do the same with things that look like they might be bugs, since most people when they see something odd but not gamebreaking, they just ignore it and forget that, too.

Even my Shadowclone guide was written in bits and pieces in it across a couple weeks, jotting down notes on enemies here and there. I wrote down enemy status effects / potential Candy brews that would look cool over the course of a month whenever one popped into my mind, until it looked decent enough to post. :D

I find suggestions usually are best left sat on for a few days or a week, so you can go back and look at them, see if they sound dumb in hindsight. You should try it and see what comes of it.
We will have to see if I can come up with something once I get enough time to play the game again after my now 13 weeks long break. :D

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Haha, that's a pretty cool puzzle :D

I think Fred mentioned he would like a rare fish to be swimming about in the puzzle pond, too.

A variation to this suggestion could be to have a fishing spot that's simply impossible to fish from without putting a crate in the right spot and standing on it during summer. That would be easier to implement but also a bit less puzzly!

Own

Having to arrange all the planks in such a way as to build a path to a specific fishing point does seem like it would be fun, but you already do that twice in the room. First to get the chest, then to get to the key. The same puzzle three times in one room I worry might overstay it's welcome for some players.

I personally prefer the idea of optional puzzles / secrets that require a lot of thinking, a spark of cleverness or chatting with a couple of friends to solve. :) Rearranging the pieces in the room to create a fish trap would fit that bill well... but I do think it would probably require a lot of unnecessary coding and probably not worth the investment of development time. :(

Figuring out how to get some of the invisible chests / green coins or just getting to Culex in Super Mario RPG on the SNES was a bit of a rush, as an example. :D Or stumbling across the numerous little secrets scattered across FF9 that you could blink and miss. Or maybe you guys already do have super-secret things hidden in the game and no one has discovered them yet? Hrm.

GarlicJelly

Maybe we could see the secret fishing spot somewhere else rather than in the Season Temple so that it's not the same puzzle in the same room 3 times over. :p