Tai Ming City Suggestion

Not_Alex

Green Slime
Although the city looks great and is really beautiful (good job guys) I think it feels a little crowded and cramped compared to the rest of the game. Something I think could help is to have less plants like the bamboo and flowers, space out the city a little more, or make other areas in the game look similarly packed will visuals.
What does everyone else think?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
To be honest, as much as I love the way Tai Ming looks (how busy it is, the extra attention to details), one of the things that makes it really difficult to grind on Hard is all of the extra detail. Land in the Pillar Mountains is flat and green, with the odd flower and a pretty monotonous path. This is what makes it easy on the eyes - and that's not including the lack of particles and SFX.

In Tai Ming, the floor is so detailed that it's hard to see what's going on (even with damage numbers off) and the increased amount of particle effects on both you and the mobs your fighting, combined with the massive number of projectiles and their explosions cluttering the screen, it's hard to see when you're being hit by what, let alone the fact that ideally you're not supposed to be hit at all. Sprites are larger too, covering more of the screen.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way.

Having said that, in the past (when there's no fighting to do, except for the Boss Fight, which just happens to have very few enemies and particle effects, and a pretty flat background) it's a much nicer place to experience.

Ardeof

Rabby
Tai Ming is fine. The added details are a welcome change. Somewhat doubtful that every addition afterwards is going to be as "busy" as Tai Ming is. Big open/explored areas tend to be more cultivated and cleaned. Abandoned ghost-like cities? Well those get a lot of flora and plants.