The Strangely Decorated Flying Fortress Room, sidequest material?

Own

The strangely decorated room:

9kb63TR.png

When I first saw this, I thought some sort of game was going to be held there. It looks like a sports field of some sort, complete with nets for scoring. But it doesn't appear to have any relevance at all. It seems a bit of a waste not to do anything with this, so I have a few suggestions that could make it more interesting.

1. The first time the player comes in here, have the enemies strategically placed around the zone like two competing teams engaged in a game. Brawler bots at the back as goalies, crystals in the cornerss. plasma shooters along the middle. Optionally, put one of those crystals required in the dodging course in the middle of this field, requiring the player to shatter it to progress on to the next room. When it shatters the above mentioned formation of enemies spawn in position and the edges of the field light up, preventing escape.

2. Make a minigame of it that appears once the Gundam has been defeated. Have a friendly plasma shooter hide in one of the corners of the room, offering to play a game with the player. The player goes to one side, 3 special plasma shooters with much longer shooting range on the other, a line down the middle that can't be crossed. There could be two ways to handle this. #1 is have the plasma blasters firing at the player's 'net' at the back, requiring the player perfect guard the shots to fire them back at their net. You could either have a 'first to #' scoring system, or make the line in the center advance towards the player if the shooters score agoal, or the line advance towards the shooters if the player scores a goal, with the objective to push the opposite side back to their net.

#2 is just having them shoot at the player and the player trying to kill them with reflected Perfect Guards, seeing who dies first. For this option, the special plasma shooters could have their shots hit back towards them with melee attacks instead of with perfect guards, if perfect guards seem too difficult.

3. Make a sidequest gimmick battle out of it, similar to the Elder Rabby. After the FF is defeated, a lone deactivated brawler bot rests in the middle of this arena. It requires # Crystal Crumbs, or whatever else seems appropriate. Giving it these items causes it to awaken into an Elite Brawler Bot, or a palette swapped variety even stronger similar to the Elder Rabby. Twelve Blue Crystals spawn around the edges of the arena, the first one shielding the brawler and each successive crystal shielding the crystals before that, while the edges of the arena light up and become impassable. The objective is to work backwards killing the crystals while enduring the brawler bot's onslaught until he can be directly attacked.

I'd have a heck of a lot of fun with 3. =) Though you guys probably had no greater plans for this room, I looked at it and saw a good deal many possibilities.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Those lines do indeed look suspicious! If we were ever to add some bonus event to the Flying Fortress, that would probably be a good place to start :p

Nice suggestions! #3 sounds both like the most fun and easily implemented of them all ;D