Thoughts on Seasonne.

Own

You're not really obligated to fight anything in Seasonne like you are in Pumpkin Woods. In fact, you can ignore everything, go straight to the trees, the workshop and then on to Santa Fae. Which isn't the worst thing, since there's no real appeal to fighting some of the enemies in Seasonne at length, in my opinion.

Drops:

Icicle, Icy Goo, Pine Cone, Yeti Fur, Candy Cane, Yeti Doll. None of these are used in any crafting recipe, none of them are pet food. 'Vendor Trash', I think the name is, except for Yeti Doll. The Yeti Doll is a Key Item, but you can get more than one of it. Which means you can't sell it and the Yeti - the beefiest enemy in the game - has only one actual drop that isn't actually useful for anything but gold. The Yeti seems like it ought to have at least 3-4 drops, since the Yeti Doll doesn't really count as one. :p

Compare to the craftable Smashlight and Purple Flower Garland from drops in the Pumpkin Woods.

Equipment:

- Gift Box Shield. Best shield in the game, purely by HP.
- Frostling Jacket. Same exact defense as the Slime Armor, something you can make as soon as you're done with your exam. 4 less attack speed, to boot. Not that good. Maybe if it had a 'Chance to resist Chill', or 'Can walk in blizzards up to 1 second without taking damage', or something this wouldn't be a little outmatched. +DEF alone tends to get overlooked.
- Frostling Shoes. Same as Pecko shoes, but with the unique ability to survive the Hydra Battle a bit more easily. Usually gets equipped for that battle and unequipped right after if you have Phaseman's boots or the Rollerskates. But Phaseman's boots are bugged, so maybe it's the Frostling Shoes time to shine. :D The Summer Greaves coming up blows all of those out of the water, though.
- Blue Slime Hat. Outmatched by Phaseman's helmet, but Phaseman offers +4 def and +14 Crit. I guess you lose bandana or glasses, though. By this point it seems like armor should offer something more than pure +DEF to add build variety, though, especially since...
- Frostling Hood. ... this gives an extra +10 defense over that, at the expense of your face slot. Like the Frostling Jacket, I'd like to see this give some bonus to resisting chill effects, blizzards or... something. I don't think I've seen anyone go for a pure +DEF build. "Fighting Efficiently" outmatches "Dying Slower", usually.

Mostly everything in Seasonne seems to just give +DEF, when Pumpkin Woods and Flying Fortress loot is a little spicier than that. :(

Cards:

- Blue Slime: Great if you're running a Chill-based build. Currently the only enemies that live long enough to really be affected by this are Yetis, though, since bosses are currently immune. :p That'll change in the future, though.
-Frostling Rogue: Okay if you need extra money.
- Frostling Scoundrel: -5% projectile damage is a little on the weaker side. I'd have prefered something like +5% window for Perfect Guarding projectiles, personally.
- Yeti: Essentially a free Talent Point in Chilling Touch. Kind of nice. Synergizes with Blue Slime.
- Gift: 5% store discount. Doesn't really help with combat, but over the course of the game it could add up to a lot.
- Present: You rarely get Gift Boxes from every enemy. It seems the best they can give is The Masque... wasn't the chest this was in replaced? If this is the only way you can get that item now, a card that essentially gives a unique piece of gear (along with sellables) isn't that bad.

The cards from Pumpkin Woods and FF give much, much better combat-related bonuses, but Seasonne seems more focused towards miscellaneous bonuses. Which isn't necessarily good or bad, honestly.

What do you guys think of Seasonne? Do you farm for the drops there other than for completionism? Do the cards affect your gameplay too much?

Given the theme of 'miscellaneous bonuses', it'd be nice to see the equipment from the area get them as well to make them last longer than it takes for you to get Season Temple loot. Special effects that are "Essentially 1 talent level in (...)" like the Yeti Card seem like they'd work fine.

I'd like to see one or two craftables or something useful dropped by the yeti, too. But maybe it's just that Seasonne isn't 100% implemented yet? I do remember seeing a 2-handed icicle weapon somewhere in the dev blogs.

Yeah, I feel like seasonne is going to be for tanky/beefy characters, while the others will spice it up. I'm really wanting more weapons that are great for mixed physical/magician characters.

Own

I don't necessarily mind +DEF equipment, just so long as it has something beyond just +DEF, since that's... uninteresting and often ignored. Like:

Blue Slime Hat: Special Effect - Brainfreeze. +15% chance of applying Chill/Freeze. (Specialized version of Crippling Blast)

Frostling Hood + Frostling Jacket: Special Effect - Bundled Up. Immunity to being in blizzards for the first 0.5 seconds in them, each. (For a total of +1 second immunity. Or maybe these two together add 'Bundled Up' as an equipment set bonus.) Optionally, a % chance to resist being frozen/chilled, as by Yeti's breath or Winter.