Translation

Jyntax

Green Slime
Hello Pixel Ferrets,

I got the game now two days ago and I must say that I really like it. That's why I wanted to offer some help in getting the game a bit more attention and to increase the player base.

I know a lot of people who either can't write/read english but would love to enjoy different games. I also translated two different Games already into german (as far as I got) so I wanted to offer my support for this game too.

I found the two Files used for the dialogs so I gonna start translating them in the near future and gonna keep you updated about the progress. At the moment I'll use EMEditor to edit those files, but it shows a lot of spaces in between some words (probably anything like a pointer or so, you'll know it ^^). Maybe you got a file which contains all the data without those pointers like a list or anything. That would make the job a lot easier. If not that's ok too. I'll just start working on it, maybe writing a programm to extract all the lines and set them up again (but for that I'd need to understand the spaces in between the words). We'll see. ^^

That's it for now.

Best regards,
Jyntax.

EDIT: Just took a look into it and know what the spaces are, now. Still I'd like a to know if it might be possible to get a list of all dialogs and stuff to translate them. If not it's ok like I said before. I'll just start to work with the files inside the game folder instead then.

Best regards,
Jyntax.

Last edited:

ark626

Hey there just for you to know there will be a translation tool in some days/weeks.
Just wait a little longer and make a propler translation with us others together instead of this. Its altough pretty nice that you proposed it and i also appreciate it cause i made the same suggestion (im also german)

Teddy Answered that hes making a tool for translating so you dont need to hexedit the game.

Jyntax

Green Slime
Oh, wow good to know. I guess the first time since years that I didn't use the search function got me. xD

Actually you don't need to hexedit it "that" much. ^^ It's just 3 maybe 4 hexdigits that are needed to be changed for every Item.

K then I just gonna wait a little longer and start to work on it then.

Best regards,
Jyntax

ark626

;) i know it isnt that hard to hexedit it, but it is clearly some disturbing for a translator because of the "Limited space" you have
You know what i mean? ;)

Jyntax

Green Slime
I guess I know what you mean, but you don't really have limited space cause you can change the Space you have. ^^ And it's quiet easy to make a tool to take the lines down to 3 parts like Description, Name, Type, so that you can easy translate it and set it back up. ^^

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Maybe we sould make a list of people that want to help with the german translation.
I think i was the first to offer help with that, but there about 5 people now that asked to.
When there are tools we should at least have a general idea, about "how many" and "who" so it's easier to organise.

Jyntax

Green Slime
First of all we need to wait what the Dev Team says about the tool. Like when it'll be released etc. and then we have to take a look at how it's set up. Actually there isn't much to translate and we should also take a look at how good the English of the people working on the Translation is. I mean help is always welcome but if it gets us more work then we already got it wouldn't be to good.

Knew a lot of people which wanted to translate Dragonball online when it was still running and damn some people didn't even know their own native language well enough to build a single sentence without anything wrong in it.

DotD

Green Slime
I could help, too =) I'm an english/german language student (university), I'm able to translate properly I guess ;)

ark626

Arabic is something rare on this forum :D glad to hear that we also have some people speaking different languages than german, english, spain etc.

Jyntax

Green Slime
@MrChocodemon & @DotD that sounds good. ^^ I didn't even want to criticize anyone. I just wanted to mention that the person which wants to help should have a decent base for it. I mean my german and english aren't perfect either but they are still on a level which is useable. ^^

ark626

Would be good if the ones that want to help can handle english very well and if possible are native speakers in the languages they translate to.

hadig5

Rabby
Arabic is a big language in the world, and they are really weak at english.. so that why. I dont know how many Arabs play this game but I know some of my friends do, and some can't even read english xD

P.S: I live in Sweden so my arabic is super weak but my mum was a teacher there so she would be happy to help me do it. (Also help improve my arabic LOL)

ark626

I think you will do it great and maybe there are some others who speak arabic and can help.
A translation is better than no translation i think

Jyntax

Green Slime
Just changed the title of the thread to "Translation" because we already start to talk about more then just German, so I think this title fits better. ^^