Two UI suggestions for pets - hide pet option, mark pet food in bag

I got into pets tonight (the kind you catch with bait, not the summon kind) and think they are so neat! I bet you guys had fun putting those into the game and will be tinkering with them more. :)

Here are two suggestions I have for the pet UI:

1. Hide pet option
I love my blue slime. He's (she's? nobody knows) great. But sometimes, especially in rooms full of mobs, I don't want him competing for my eyes. I'd like to be able to "hide" him but still get the bonus. If you want us to work for it, maybe one of the unlockable appearances could be an invisible one.

2. Mark pet food in the inventory
When I first got to Evergrind I sold all my "junk." That is, everything without a recipe symbol or obvious use. Turns out I could have used those berries and fish to feed my pet! I was thinking a pet food category in the bag could be good - or create pet food tab similar to what people are suggesting for recipes. Originally I was going to suggest a pet icon like the recipe icon, but after thinking about it more that might make a lot of clutter.

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
The devs have said that there will be a hide pet function for us more "hardcore" players. :D
As for the other one I think a whole new tab would be in order for the pet food. Just like we have shields, miscs, hats and weapons there should also be a pet food tab.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I vote on dog treat looking icon in the top-left of an item (since crafting material icon is top-right)
This is a food uuhh good idea
the icon+a subcategory
maybe the icon can have the same place as the crafting items, or are there items that can be crafting items and food?

Aurophobia

Halloweed
This is a food uuhh good idea
the icon+a subcategory
maybe the icon can have the same place as the crafting items, or are there items that can be crafting items and food?
Honestly, I don't remember. But it could possibly cover future items they may fall under both categories.