Uses for fish

Adamadam762

Green Slime
How about we be able to use all these fish here are my ideas.

1. Eating fish certain fish give certain buffs/heal small amounts of HP. Some examples being temporary armor increases or attack/magic attack increases.

2. Crafting with fish I don't know about anybody else but I would like to see a fish sword and fish armor Where you combine 1 or more of every fish in the game.

3. Donating fish to the fish vendor in town (when you give him all types of fish he gives you a special award maybe a new fishing rod or something cool lol)

4. a fish card for when you collect all types of fish (gives a bonus for faster/better fishing)

5. A fish tank to put our favorite fish in.

If anybody else has any fish related ideas post

Last edited:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The armour might be cool, and rod upgrades would be rad! However, there is a use for fish: Feeding your pet. You can't use all the fish, but you can use quite a few. They tend to give the most points to a stat rather than other items like apples and carrots, but currently potions are the most efficient, as money usually isn't hard to come by in the late game.

Elswor

Rabby
I'd like to see a more fleshed out fishing system in the future as well, with different ranks of prestige you can earn as a fisherman (similar to the rank displayed in the Collector's ID now)

Could earn the first few ranks by simply catching tons of fish, with the higher, more prestigious ranks being reserved for people who find rare fish, or manage to catch them all. Perhaps even using fishing bait to catch specific kinds of fish? New rods too?

I think something like that, along with the changes to make fish more usable themselves, would be a very welcome addition :). Making the fish more usable would likely be the first though, as I don't see the fishing system getting fleshed out more until we're looking at post-game stuff.

Own

I'd be happy with anything to reduce fishing cast time. Give me some goldsinks. Fishing is sooo slooow.

Though maybe Arcade has ruined Story fishing for me. I'm used to the rapidfire fishing. :p Maybe a temporary Fishing Potion buff that makes fishing as fast as Arcade...?

Own

Actually my main character is only level 23, with 98,000 gold. :p I much prefer Arcade Mode to Story Mode, my character only gets real play for testing / filling completion %.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I wouldn't mind a Fishstick chainmail armor. Or possibly a Fishstick chainmail bikini.