Using B button to exit start menu without triggering B ability

I'd like to be able to exit the start menu with the B button without triggering an ability at the same time.

When I am navigating the start menu I need to use the B button to go back. The B button will also make the start menu exit entirely if pressed enough times, but frequently when I use this function I also trigger a spell or ability associated with the B key (and waste energy). Sometimes I can avoid this if I move very slowly but most of the time it happens. Yeah, I know I can push B to exit menus and then push start to exit the menu, but I'd rather keep pushing B for efficiency.

thanks!

Dgikmo

Rabby
What does this mean, exactly? Are you using a skill while in the menu, or just because you're hitting B so frequently that you use a skill immediately after exiting the menu?

If it's the second option, I think it's on you, not on the dev team. In fact, just the thought of not being able to use a skill when I need to is terrifying in general. I guess what I'm saying is, if I'm the one messing up, I'll correct the behavior, but if the game is messing up, the dev team should correct it.

Yari

Boar
What does this mean, exactly? Are you using a skill while in the menu, or just because you're hitting B so frequently that you use a skill immediately after exiting the menu?

If it's the second option, I think it's on you, not on the dev team. In fact, just the thought of not being able to use a skill when I need to is terrifying in general. I guess what I'm saying is, if I'm the one messing up, I'll correct the behavior, but if the game is messing up, the dev team should correct it.

I think he means the bug where when you press B to exit the menu, it also triggers the skill that's on B. Happens to me sometimes with my Berserk.
Someone made a bug report about it. [Gameplay] Skill activation when closing menu

Yes, that. Thanks Yari. I hadn't considered it as a bug. I think of it more as another way to achieve the same thing. Either way nice to hear it may be looked at.