Using Spirit Sight in the world: Yearnings.

Own

Spirit Sight seems like it would have a pretty limited use outside of the Ghost Ship... unless it was given an added quirk.

upload_2019-12-26_6-13-57.png

Certain NPCs in the world, with Spirit Sight enabled, gain a swirling vortex or a mind's eye above their head. You can use this to catch faint dialogue from the inner yearnings of their spirit.

Using the context clues from their Yearning along with the new Item Offering mechanic from the Ghost Ship salon, you can try to offer them what their heart desires.

Some NPCs want one specific item they hint towards, possibly based on a clue in the item description. Others can be satisfied by any one of a similar group of items.

Examples

Bikke
: (Curse my carnivorous appetite... this turkey leg isn't enough to satisfy me, I crave beef! I don't even care if it's not meant for humans!)
upload_2019-12-26_6-22-48.png

Haddock: (Nothing else quite does the trick. I'm in need of something fishy to scratch me back proper...)
upload_2019-12-26_6-25-38.png

Pecs: (Hnngh! I just can't budge them even an inch... aren't I manly enough?! What am I missing? Some hair on my chest?)
upload_2019-12-26_6-35-3.png

Ms Broomie: (Oh, dear... the handle of my broom is so worn down it's about to snap. Perhaps powerful, magic wood might endure longer...)
upload_2019-12-26_6-39-10.png

I'm not sure what rewards there might be, or the overall goal of it, though. Maybe there's an NPC who gives you a quest to raise the Happiness Index of the world, giving you reason to backtrack around and Spirit Sight the Yearnings of NPCs from all over the game. For every 10, 20 or 30 NPCs you complete the Yearnings of, you receive some reward from that NPC. Or each NPC individually rewards you with smaller rewards, if there's no unique quest giver.

It would also give some use to all those otherwise pointless scenery NPCs decorating the world. :)