Various suggestions.

Own

I'm not saying these are necessarily good suggestions, just thoughts I had while playing. :)

- When respawning enemies, there could possibly be a 1 in 500 or 1 in 1000 chance to trigger a 'Swarm'. Currently you have the ability to encounter elite monsters to spice up grinding through the game. A Swarm encounter would spawn many, many enemies from the area around the player, with a high chance of at least one of them being an elite. Just to give the player a situation they might possibly be in danger in. :)

- Are there any plans to allow temporary recruitment of NPC allies in Story Mode, purely for single player? In the Mana series, you usually have at least one person tagging along with you. It seems like you could have one from the Collector's HQ come along with you, at some cost. Maybe (100g x your level) for 30 minutes, or reducing gold drops while they're tagging along. Luke could swipe at nearby enemies like Teddy/Freddy, the ninja girl could whip out the occasional ranged shuriken, etc.

- This is a particularly strange and potentially terrible suggestion, but going off of the idea of things to spice up grinding in areas for cards / drops, 'Goddess Doors' could be interesting. Whenever an enemy dies, it might have a tiny, tiny % chance to spawn a Goddess Door, a strange portal with a divine light pouring out of it. Going inside could put you in a room filled with elite mobs of the area you were in. Killing them all could award you a chest with a random special piece of equipment tailored to that specific area. Dying kicks you out and closes the portal. Optionally, instead of one room, several rooms in a row that unlock in succession, unable to heal at all through the gauntlet of enemies on the way to the chest.

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I like this door thing. :p It reminds me of D3's Pony Land. Make some monsters drop pieces of a key that you use to open up this awesome dungeon. If you fail, back to grinding. :p No hp regen and like 5 rooms in rapid succession sounds like a challange worth a prize. :3