Various Winter thoughts / suggestions.

Own

The Frostling Rogues should gain slightly more damage the more gold they pick up, or gain more speed, something to make them priority #1 over going for the Scoundrels. If you go for the ranged characters first, you risk the Rogues being empowed.

Another enemy-puzzle-sidequest type deal (like the boar, and my suggested bee-dive-pollenation one) could be fun, based on the snow-tossing enemies. It could work one of two ways:

1. (A mysterious red 'X' / a strange fat snowball) on the ground that says 'Snow...' when you walk over it. If you lure some Scoundrels over and have them throw snowballs at you while you're on it, dodge the snowballs and let them hit the ground, a snowman will slowly be erected. When the snowman is complete, it comes to life and attacks you as a small mini-boss, like the elder rabby. It could drop a frost wand, or icicle sword or something.

2. The Lonely Snowman/woman. A sentient snowman is somewhere in Winter, talking with them presents the player with a quest to build them a partner. But only the Frostling Scoundrels carry the magic snow that can build a snowman, the player can't touch the snow without being hurt by it. So begins a survival event with walls forming all around the immediate vicinity with Scoundrels lining the outside of the walls. The player has to survive # seconds while snow is being pelted at them from all directions, the thrown snow gradually forming into the shape of the snowman. An additional step to enrage the Scoundrels to the point of ambushing you to begin with there might be necessary - asking Mrs. Claus for a bomb to throw in one of their caves, maybe? The reward for this could be the weapon as listed above, or just a teleport plate for Winter.

I would like very much if the Toy Factory boss were added to the Hall of Memories as well. =) It's a fun, unique encounter, even if it doesn't drop any items. I'd like to rechallenge it on Hard.

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
A snowman-building event sounds fun! I'm not sure when we're going to meat up the area (I'd say it's either right before or right after the next temple), but when we do we'll keep this in mind.

I think the most unique part of the idea is the building of the snow-man itself, so if time is scarce and we don't feel an extra enemy is needed, the "quest" could end with the snowman being finished!