Version: 0.572b

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.572b

Summary:
Some quick bugfixes, mostly related to the 0.572a patch release (detailed below)

Bug Fixes
  • The first cutscene after returning from the Flying Temple no longer removes player collision
  • Defeating Marino with certain spells should no longer cause the game to crash
  • The main character's father is no longer at two places simultaneously
  • The Cloud Summon should no longer fight dirty and kill Marino during the cutscene
  • You can now actually feed all kinds of potions to your pets
  • Some dialogue typos have been fixed

Patch 0.572a

Summary: Old players should probably back up your save before going into the game! You do this by going to %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea/ and then copy the save files in World and Character. Since the update makes changes to main story progress, it might be possible to get completely stuck!

The addition this time has been very asset thick, creating a new boss encounter followed by a bunch of cutscenes in the HQ. You can probably run through the new content pretty quick, but even small batches of content can contain a large amount of bugs, so test away! :D

We'd really appreciate some basic feedback on the Marino fight as well! Was it fun? Was it too easy or too hard?

Here's a thread that Fred created on the topic: http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-marino-fight-thread.867/

Additions
  • Added a new main storyline quest with Marino (obtained by walking to Collector's HQ)
  • The Ancient Temple main quest can now be completed
Changes
  • The elite ghosty in the Pumpkin Woods main quest is now in a more apparent location
  • All potions can now be fed to pets, but with much less exp gain than the damage potions used to give
Bug Fixes
  • The direction detection for attack collisions are now more precise, fixing some issues with shielding
  • When starting the second generator in the Flying Fortress, the first power lines are now there
  • Perfect Guarding while in Berserk Mode now actually stops energy decay for one second
  • The game no longer creates duplicate Language folders
  • Loading .dlf files with 'custom' or 'override' as set language no longer crashes the game

Last edited:
two problems.

1. only damage potion works and shows in feeding pets

2. before activate final dialog with Marino I already had Cloud Strike activated, my cloud start attacking him on sight. It didn't wait for me to finish the dialog boxes before being able to attack him. If I wait enough time, even before i finish my dialog with him, my cloud strike can defeat him. you should change this to start attack him only after i finish the dialog part before he is a real enemy.

I used an old saved game, so I don't know if by create a new one, this happens.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Fight with Marino was too easy, almost like with Vilya. Maybe I shouldn't have fought him with my super-powered character... If Marino is going to be collector, maybe he should know some magic? But that's probably for later fights.
And the cut-scene in Master's office would be a bit better with some sound effects maybe. And noticed it now, but dad seem's to lack left arm, but he has it when seen from side.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
EDIT: I made a mistake here. Sorry for the fuss.

. And noticed it now, but dad seem's to lack left arm, but he has it when seen from side.
That's because he only has three sides. Facing Up/Down/Sideways... Facing left and right is the same animation but mirrored. Not just for Dad but everyone, which saves a lot of work but is a flaw in logic in this case. Good Catch.

Last edited:

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
That's because he only has three sides. Facing Up/Down/Sideways... Facing left and right is the same animation but mirrored. Not just for Dad but everyone, which saves a lot of work but is a flaw in logic in this case. Good Catch.

As I wrote in this thread, he has different sprites for all directions. Screens would be helpful in solving this!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Updated the original post with patch notes for 0.572b! Basically, it's just fixes of the newly reported bugs.

Is there a counter command for /shutup ? Like /pleasetalktome ? ;)

Currently, she's a really unforgiving Fae and will never ever speak to you again if you tell her to shut up, but I might throw in a counter command for players filled with deep and sincere regret :(

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
As I wrote in this thread, he has different sprites for all directions. Screens would be helpful in solving this!
Sorry, it was in the new cut-scene, I've watched it again and he had right sprite now. It didn't happen.
And I replayed the game and with new character, the Marino fight wasn't too easy now.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Would you mind telling us what was causing this? I'm just curious. :D

Basically a structural coding mistake!

1) When updating, spells are iterated through with a foreach loop
2) Some spells do not have hitboxes, and do damage inside their own logic.
3) At the start of a cutscene, all non-persistent spell instances are removed.
4) Some cutscenes are triggered by an enemy being defeated

So, while the spell is updating, if it kills an enemy that will trigger a cutscene, it causes itself to be removed.

Modifying a collection (in this case the spell instances) during a foreach iteration is not allowed in C#, and so the program crashes!

I've moved the execution timing around a bit to ensure the spell instances won't get culled during their own update loops!

Poring

Rabby
cool ... another update ... i just started to play 0.572a about yesterday and now b came out ... keep it coming teddy :D ...
little update feel alot better than waiting forever without any update at all ...

DuGringo

Green Slime
Minor glitch:
when I silver charge the nature spell with the flies, sometimes my character wil turn green when releasing the spell (the hair turns green when charging sometimes, and sometimes only the ahir will be green when releasing, and sometimes it works without color changing)
tell me if you need screen shot or something

Mushmon

Green Slime
Minor glitch:
when I silver charge the nature spell with the flies, sometimes my character wil turn green when releasing the spell (the hair turns green when charging sometimes, and sometimes only the ahir will be green when releasing, and sometimes it works without color changing)
tell me if you need screen shot or something
Go post it in the bug report section if you havent already

QUESTION: Why can't we "steal" Marino's sword? is it planned to be a reward in a later fight against him, later in the game?

His sword seems to be a very good one :) i want it lol