Version 0.599a

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
In lower-left corner stand facing right and you can shield. I don't remember it being fixed in some recent patches and I found it not long ago.

The hardest part of Winter for me is navigating his spike maze when he enters his defensive position, I usually end up taking 40-120dmg (running into one to three walls) only to do like a twentieth of his health when I get to him.

while one of them is alive, taking down Autumn or Summer doesn't stop my sommons to attack the one that its down, until I take down the other one or I am far from him.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
The hardest part of Winter for me is navigating his spike maze when he enters his defensive position, I usually end up taking 40-120dmg (running into one to three walls) only to do like a twentieth of his health when I get to him.
With high enough DEF and a good shield you can just block the whole snowstorm attack before the maze spawns so you don't have to go through it at all. :p Maybe I should have reported that as a bug but I don't think it is one. :p

Even decked out with full DEF armor (Slime Armor, Winter Helmet, Phaseman Boots, Slimy Ring, Red Scarf) and a Barrel Shield I still get hit for like 100 or more damage trying to block the cascade. Guess it doesn't work in hard mode.

GarlicJelly

Even decked out with full DEF armor (Slime Armor, Winter Helmet, Phaseman Boots, Slimy Ring, Red Scarf) and a Barrel Shield I still get hit for like 100 or more damage trying to block the cascade. Guess it doesn't work in hard mode.
Yeah you're right. I didn't try it on Hard. The damage is 30 instead of 12 for each hit in Hard so you can't use that neat trick. :(

Donald

Rabby
Using an insect swarm build I found he wasnt too hard once I realized all his tricks. But the gust walls are kinda tough for normal mode. Maybe nerf their damage for normal or halve their duration? Then again if people spec defense the gust shouldnt do much at all?

GarlicJelly

Using an insect swarm build I found he wasnt too hard once I realized all his tricks. But the gust walls are kinda tough for normal mode. Maybe nerf their damage for normal or halve their duration? Then again if people spec defense the gust shouldnt do much at all?
Avoiding the normal snow storm/wind is pretty easy so I don't think the damage should be lowered, if anything should be changed then it should be the slow since if you get stuck in the middle of it you can almost never make it out alive. With a decent amount of DEF and the Iron Shield you can block the wind he does before he spawns the Ice Maze and I really like that since you save so much time and can do a huge amount of damage onto him if you do it right. If you lowered the damage on the wind then you wouldn't need that much DEF or maybe you could just use the Wooden Shield and that would be kind of lame since ever character could do it. Now you at least need some items to be able to even do that.