Version 0.599f (+fufu+fumoffu)

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Because this is a steam setting and not a Grindea setting, but when you don't have it on steam then you have to update it manually and wait for patches.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Getting automatic updates is one of the great advantages of not pirating the game, after all :D

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
my secret of grindea not in steam, and if I put my game at steam, in game properties i not found the setting to auto update. i dont know why? ;(
If you don't have the steam version of the game then it won't update. My bad for assuming you were using the steam version, I haven't been keeping track of the DRM free version so I didn't know it got patched (or I forgot). :p If you haven't bought the game and use steam then you can't participate in the Fronline beta version since it's steam only.

Getting automatic updates is one of the great advantages of not pirating the game, after all :D
Oh, so the DRM version isn't at 0.59a?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Oh, so the DRM version isn't at 0.59a?

No, it hasn't been updated for super long! I'll make sure to make it fresh for version 0.6 though (which ironically is the one we'll launch on Steam Early Access with) :D

0.59a is around the time we added the Toy Factory, and the DRM-free stops after Flying Fortress.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
As far as i understood taka79 has bought the game as he/she is playing the 0.59a version.
But if you don't want to play over steam you have to have a little patience.

GarlicJelly

As far as i understood taka79 has bought the game as he/she is playing the 0.59a version.
But if you don't want to play over steam you have to have a little patience.
But if you have bought the game and play the 0.59a version you would have to be using steam since the DRM free version isn't updated. The only way to be playing 0.59a without steam is if you've pirated the game I assume by Teddy's statement. If you have bought the game and have it on steam then it should be automatically updating and if it isn't then what I posted earlier should solve the problem. I'm confused. :S

Last edited:

Own

i dont know, i just get the game from my friend

This is why I wish a tiny bit that SoG via Humble promised a DRM-free on completion of the game. :p Not many people will risk torrenting every game in fear of viruses, but sharing a DRM-free download link from a reputable website is incredibly easy to do. It's so simple that most people view it like just downloading an MP3.

But hey, it's lead to you becoming a new full-game player, so fantastic. :D Welcome aboard. Yeah, you can use your demo / DRM-free save in the full version. It should automatically recognize it, I think.

I've been playing sinced Closed Alpha(Beta?) and my save still works pretty great, aside from a few minor glitches. (Amalet doesn't appear in my HQ, missing talent points, I have 30 'bag' items in my inventory for some reason, etc). The devs are pretty great about savefile upkeep, which is a rare quality in Early Access games. Most just delete your save files with every large update.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
This is why I wish a tiny bit that SoG via Humble promised a DRM-free on completion of the game. :p Not many people will risk torrenting every game in fear of viruses, but sharing a DRM-free download link from a reputable website is incredibly easy to do. It's so simple that most people view it like just downloading an MP3.
In this case they're not using the Humble DRM-free version though, but a pirated Steam patch. The DRM-free version on Humble hasn't been updated since forever, way before version 0.59a. It's actually quite rare to see Humble's DRM-free version being pirated, in my experience at least, probably because we don't update it alot and the pirates want the latest version as well! ;)

But hey, it's lead to you becoming a new full-game player, so fantastic. :D Welcome aboard. Yeah, you can use your demo / DRM-free save in the full version. It should automatically recognize it, I think.
This is correct, and we're happy to have you aboard @taka79 ! :D Hope you like the game :)

taka79

Green Slime
thanks all, but i dont have paypal right know. if i have, i will buy this game first, i like this game so much :D

GarlicJelly

thanks all, but i dont have paypal right know. if i have, i will buy this game first, i like this game so much :D
The game is going to be released on steam as early access soon (still no confirmed date) so you'll be able to buy the game when that happens if you don't have a paypal account. :)

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
In this case they're not using the Humble DRM-free version though, but a pirated Steam patch.
Fun fact: If you have original game and replace steam_api.dll with that cracked one, you get free $20 hat. Any pirated Steam game uses the same crack file.