Version 0.611alabama

Own

Additional thoughts.

Larvacid

As an alternative to changing the fade of the Larvacid's acid, it could be better balanced (especially in Arcade where I imagine the random acid paths will prevent many a time S-Rank) if touching the acid didn't immediately trigger the DoT.

Phase 1 - Any acid contact. Your character is debuffed with 'Corroded'. DEF = 0, or DEF reduced by 1/2 for the normal duration of what the acid would be.

Phase 2 - (1-2?) seconds of acid contact while Corroded, or walking back into acid while Corroded is still active. Acid DoT triggers and applies as normal.

This way you can quickly run across the acid and, provided you don't step back into it or linger in it, you won't take damage. But with your DEF so heavily reduced, you're still at major risk from other enemies.

Well. All of that, or just making it so acid puts an extremely quickly filling bar over the player's head, exactly not fast enough to actually trigger and apply the acid debuff if the player is just running right across a strip of acid.

Chests

I just noticed that the chest graphics got updated. Which is pretty cool!

And that Mt. Bloom uses the same 'technological' chests as Flying Fortress does.

But it's a bit odd that Season Temple doesn't get it's type own of chests, since it's a similarly ancient place. Pumpkin Woods at least gets darker due to the environment. Not exactly a necessary addition, but one that fits the theme of temple chests = cool. :p

upload_2016-2-17_6-39-0.png

tkld178

Rabby
How about the Larvacids move a little bit farther each move and the parts inbetween disappear faster than the parts that it stays on longer or vice versa when not aggroed so there is a path you can kind of traverse when you aren't attacking it.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
@TsReaper that's the point. Arcade mode is about doing stuff quickly. Having to wait for your opponent to come out of invincibility gets really annoying when it's not a boss. It's bearable with Hydra heads. With how long I've seen these guys spin for so far, they look like they'll do some hefty time-score ruining if there's no way to knock them out of it. You either end up being really quick to kill them or you have to wait ~10 seconds for them to stop spinning.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
@Own I'd despise a halving or negating of defence in Arcade. It makes sense though, as if its slowly burning your armour away. Maybe instead it rapidly reduces your defence at a rate of like 8-10 per second you're in it, and only after it reaches zero do they start taking damage? And then after that it only regenerates at the end of the room, or at a rate of 4 per second after a short cooldown?

That hugely benefits me though, so the bar system, although not my favourite choice, would probably be the best fitting.

Oh, forgot to mention, only judging based on assumptions I've made, haven't actually experimented yet.

Yuuki

Boar
the Toxic Tulpits and thos small musroom that got spawned once you deafeat the mushroms need an nerf for sure. not so much due their strengh more due their spore attack. 3 of them + a few small mushrooms on the floor = lack. And mind you, my pc is more then capable runnign the game otherwise.

Edit: the bigger problem are the small mushrooms. maybe you should up the despawn rate a bit?

a video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B94u0_R6vixWYVc4NnFfRU1HcXc/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I discovered that Ice Nova works quite well against jumping mushrooms. It makes them stop jumping for few seconds and it's fast to use.

Own

Spinsects get knocked out of spinning by a sufficiently powerful blow. Silver whirlslash, for example, but not gold for some reason. They also get knocked out of it with a perfect block. If you hit them they go into superspin mode and damage everything else in the room they hit, not just you.

You probably wanna hold back on feedback of the update until you've played the update. :p

New Bug: The reset pad in Mt. Bloom for the pushy mirror puzzle only requires one person to activate, but still says to gather your friends. I guess it prevents one person from teleporting over with the completed puzzle, then their party members screwing it up before joining them...?

Last edited:

Naythan

Green Slime
No matter what I change my head gear too, I always have a straw hat. I don't even have a straw hat in my inventory? Only since the update.

Naythan

Green Slime
Maybe try equipping something and un-equipping it in the decorative hat slot? That's an odd bug for sure o_O

I've tried everything, can't remember where straw hats come from. Perhaps if I find one, so it's in my inventory and then un-equip it from the hat slot.

JamesKT

Boar
One thing that hasn't been brought up surprisingly is that whenever I get attacked by a Laturn Jack, I get a "lol x:# y:#" Message. A lot of them pop up whenever a champion Laturn Jack is around. This is triggered by them attacking. :p

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
One thing that hasn't been brought up surprisingly is that whenever I get attacked by a Laturn Jack, I get a "lol x:# y:#" Message. A lot of them pop up whenever a champion Laturn Jack is around. This is triggered by them attacking. :p
I actually think that there has been some people talking about there being enemies that tell you their cordinates in the chat so I don't think you're the first one. :p

TsReaper

Boar
The spinsects remind me of a game called air hockey...Maybe we can add a multi-player or a player-vs-AI mini-game in Mt. Bloom, using spinsects as hockey pucks.

GarlicJelly

The spinsects remind me of a game called air hockey...Maybe we can add a multi-player or a player-vs-AI mini-game in Mt. Bloom, using spinsects as hockey pucks.
Like we do when we get "help" with the big rock? XD That would be a fun Arena challenge!

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Or maybe instead of goals, you're hitting the spinsects at you opponents? First to take three hits is out, and each swing costs like 20-30 EP?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
To whoever said to remove the mushrooms in the Power Flower fight, I'd agree. I tanked the whole fight, in poison, on Hard, thanks to the health orbs they drop, just attacking the main plant. Takes all element of skill and attack pattern mastery out of it, as well as being really bad practice for Arcade. Honestly, with the poison, it's gonna have to get a tweak for Arcade anyway.

Well, I don't think I've seen this reported yet, but I think there's a layering issue here. I don't think I'm on the same layer as these crystals here, which is why I can't hit them and I walk straight through them. If that's the case, then this staircase isn't actually a staircase, or it would reset my height. I think the player is on the layer above, as my face clips over the top of the mountain. It seems to persist if I then go down onto the next area, without going back to the entrance, as I can't hit any crystals there either. It's the second time I've been to the area, which could be the issue?

You keep the Shiny Key after using it to open Lurifix's dud door. Is that intentional? It seems like yet more inventory clutter which you can't sell, although in theory after opening a door you don't lose the key.

GarlicJelly

To whoever said to remove the mushrooms in the Power Flower fight, I'd agree. I tanked the whole fight, in poison, on Hard, thanks to the health orbs they drop, just attacking the main plant. Takes all element of skill and attack pattern mastery out of it, as well as being really bad practice for Arcade. Honestly, with the poison, it's gonna have to get a tweak for Arcade anyway.

Well, I don't think I've seen this reported yet, but I think there's a layering issue here. I don't think I'm on the same layer as these crystals here, which is why I can't hit them and I walk straight through them. If that's the case, then this staircase isn't actually a staircase, or it would reset my height. I think the player is on the layer above, as my face clips over the top of the mountain. It seems to persist if I then go down onto the next area, without going back to the entrance, as I can't hit any crystals there either. It's the second time I've been to the area, which could be the issue?

You keep the Shiny Key after using it to open Lurifix's dud door. Is that intentional? It seems like yet more inventory clutter which you can't sell, although in theory after opening a door you don't lose the key.
The video is private... XD

Own

To whoever said to remove the mushrooms in the Power Flower fight, I'd agree. I tanked the whole fight, in poison, on Hard, thanks to the health orbs they drop, just attacking the main plant.

What's your level, how many cards do you have, how many pet levels do you have?