Version 0.612d

res7less

Jumpkin
A lot of people want to pay the 10,000 gold fee to just get past the Caveling, and don't know why the game won't let them. My suggestion? Have him demand (CurrentGold+1) before you get the quest to go in there. Every time you get more gold, the number is still just 1 out of reach.
Hahaha, that would be hilarious!

TsReaper

Boar
Hi, guys. Could you tell me what am I missing? I got stuck at 98% completion of the game. Before the update I had 100%. I really don't know what I could miss. I think I have everything; shoes, hat, weapon, both weapons (Pickaxe and Magic Mushroom), armor (Lab Coat), Phase Resequencer. I also did all of the new quests (if I'm not mistaken); Pet Detective, Steve Gets Fired and Crystal Clear. Fishing trophy is done.
Do you have the cat screen (furniture)? It seems that you can still get 100% without getting this item in older versions. It's in a chest in the research center of Mt. Bloom. You can see the screen shot map for its location.

Own

upload_2016-3-25_23-35-55.png

I really, really want to see this as an Arcade challenge. It's such good design. Or, heck, add a fourth mirror to the NE for a minigame somewhere, see how high you can consecutively bounce off the mirrors before losing. It'd be akin to the ridiculous Final Fantasy 10 lightning strike dodge junk. :p

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
View attachment 1477

I really, really want to see this as an Arcade challenge. It's such good design. Or, heck, add a fourth mirror to the NE for a minigame somewhere, see how high you can consecutively bounce off the mirrors before losing. It'd be akin to the ridiculous Final Fantasy 10 lightning strike dodge junk. :p
Please give me a randomly generated puzzle challenge in the arena so I can sit all day bouncing around on the mirrors. :D

Own

I like the pickaxe, with it's '1-hits breakable items'. But it would be neat if it had a bonus special effect: 'Can mine certain enemies.' Bop certain enemies with the pickaxe and it'll do no damage, put a bar above the enemy's head like a shield bar being slowly whittled down with each hit. Deplete the bar, get an item. Shielding, Gravity or Laser Crystal from Guardians depending on color, a Spinning Crystal from Spinsects, uh... Possessed Stone from the enemy in the upcoming area?

Probably not necessary, but the idea of mining enemies seems fun. :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Or maybe increase the drop rate of the less common items. I'm sure you've seen how many people have an issue finding spinsect crystals :p

Bikerbomber

Green Slime
I took a screen shot but forgot to save it before shutting down last night but in the new phase shift puzzle room I was getting a whole bunch of "negatives" of various sprites in the game in the darkness area below the phaseshift room. Happened only in the first new room. Will try again today to get ya'll a screenshot. Those puzzles were not easy lol. I am really looking forward to a new quest/boss to fight however.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.612c

Sounds! That caveling flute finally has proper air flow! Also other super duper important changes, such as Melyn Ros becoming a reference, and Farmahmera becoming only slightly less of a dyslexic's worst nightmare. Fixed bugs of varying severity, and implemented Own's suggestion of the elusive caveling entry fee!

(Just realized that this might make the caveling say he wants less gold than 10000... should probably fix that before the stable merge!)

Additions
  • Sounds have been added to Mt Bloom
Changes
  • Melyn Ros has been renamed to Tannie Hawk
  • Farmahmera has been renamed to Zhamla Meer
  • Changing your phase shift shape is now saved between sessions
  • Before his cutscene, Hagglox now always wants 1 more gold than the player talking to him has
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a display issue with some of the elite suffixes
  • There's no longer a large mysterious collider in the poison crossroad room (Mt Bloom)
  • Clients can now change their phase shift shape as well!
  • The burning ground left behind after a Gold Charge Meteor no longer triggers Static Touch
  • Vilya no longer stabs people standing too close to her right after the Boss Intro ends
  • Beating the Power Flower in multiplayer no longer results in a softlock

Own

Farmahmera has been renamed to Zhamla Meer

This is the saddest possible change. :( 99% of the fun in seeing LPs is hearing the inevitable "Farma... Fama... Farmer... ah feck it! Fgkhkfldmher, anyhow..."

Plus Farmahmera sounds inhuman, ominous. "Farmahmera lurks below vs Zhamla Meer lurks below" Zhamla Meer sounds like some random dude. :p

Own

So, for a while now, there's been this huge mushroom challenge in the Season Temple. Every time I go in there as 2P in co-op, the room becomes unbearably laggy for me. All I can see are mushrooms exploding all over the place, characters warping around, I can try to attack chickens but never hit them. I didn't think much of it at the time, since it wasn't an important room.

But now I played as 2P in co-op in Mt. Bloom. So many mushrooms everywhere bursting with blinding gas, I could barely do anything it lagged so badly. No clue what specifically triggers the lag. The blindness? The number of mushrooms? The number of animated smoke clouds?

Also, potential bug report: In co-op, only the host gets Loaded Dice / Cards / etc. Everywhere else in the game the entire group shares plot items.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It seems like the new sounds are really quiet compared to all the others :confused: I actually preferred the loud "SNAP" of the Shroomie mouth as you knew when one was after you. The Spinsects sound like one of those tiny wind propellers - I was expecting them to sound like a spinning saw or disc sander :p A bit more like this

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
This is the saddest possible change. :( 99% of the fun in seeing LPs is hearing the inevitable "Farma... Fama... Farmer... ah feck it! Fgkhkfldmher, anyhow..."

Plus Farmahmera sounds inhuman, ominous. "Farmahmera lurks below vs Zhamla Meer lurks below" Zhamla Meer sounds like some random dude. :p
I agree. I'd understand if there were more names that are hard to spell/pronounce, it would be wise to change them, because if you can't even say the name, no one knows what you are referring to. However, when there's only one such name, you can call it "that Fgkhkfldmher thing" and everyone knows that you mean, which makes it unique. I always hoped this name won't be changed :/

Also, I liked the Melyn Ros too. However, this is much less important change. I wonder if I would even care if she was called Tannie from the beginning.

Own

Melyn Ros seemed like a generic name, Tannie Hawk is fine for a joke. Maybe it'd be a bit less on the nose as Tannie Hawke, but it's cute either way, I like it. :p

I think Zhamla Meer just sounds strange because the Flying Fortress sets them up to be this huge, world-ending thing. Usually in RPG or fantasy settings when you cause chaos on a level like that you ascend beyond a name. The Night's King, He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, Darth Vader, The Lich King, The White Witch, The Witch King (I see a pattern here), Sin, Pyramid Head. Putting a first name and a last name to something when you're introduced to it makes it seem... normal. "John Smith, lurking far below in the burning lands."

Unless Zhamla Meer isn't their actual name. Or it's a subversion of the 'give the big bad a creepy name' trope. :D Or just a professional courtesy from the scientists.

Either way, I think you missed a spot. upload_2016-3-28_7-49-31.png

res7less

Jumpkin
Um, the sprites of the character name ingame are gone:

sprites_gone.PNG

Furthermore, the Hagglox gold amount (in the translation tool) says [GOLD+1] by default, while it's [GOLD1] during the quest. Is this correct? I had completed the quest with 2 characters before the update, so I wasn't able to test it after it.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
So, for a while now, there's been this huge mushroom challenge in the Season Temple. Every time I go in there as 2P in co-op, the room becomes unbearably laggy for me.

Wait, which one is this?

But now I played as 2P in co-op in Mt. Bloom. So many mushrooms everywhere bursting with blinding gas, I could barely do anything it lagged so badly.

Is this true only as the second player?

While I agree it's a bit funny that almost no-one can pronounce the name, the way we've set up the story (that's coming) doesn't work that well with such a name! If we grow to agree about the name in the Flying Fortress screens, then perhaps we can give him some title to be used instead, and only occasionally drop his real name so the connection can be made.

I...uh...can't get the reference. What do Zhamla Meer and Tannie Hawk refer to?

Zhamla Meer isn't that strong a reference (although technically it's a pun on the Swedish term for 'collect more')

Tannie Hawk is a reference to the skateboarder Tony Hawk!