Version 0.612d

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
While I agree it's a bit funny that almost no-one can pronounce the name, the way we've set up the story (that's coming) doesn't work that well with such a name! If we grow to agree about the name in the Flying Fortress screens, then perhaps we can give him some title to be used instead, and only occasionally drop his real name so the connection can be made.
If it was his real name, I think it would be hilarious if there was an incredibly dramatic moment, such as he's descended on Evergrind and he shouts "I.... AM FAHRMAMERA!" and everyone goes "fhar... farehar.. framhur... how do you pronounce that?" "SILENCE!

Own

1. The mushroom chicken herding challenge. It's a perfect representation of the insane lag I get when Mt. Bloom is especially coated in blinding mushrooms.

2. I dunno, I haven't been able to get a 3P game going. I just noticed as P2 that the Loaded Dice didn't pop up when P1 opened the chest, and they weren't in my inventory.

If it was his real name, I think it would be hilarious if there was an incredibly dramatic moment, such as he's descended on Evergrind and he shouts "I.... AM FAHRMAMERA!" and everyone goes "fhar... farehar.. framhur... how do you pronounce that?" "SILENCE!

Except he would have just said it out loud. :) Unless everyone in the game really does speak via text. In which case how do they know of pronunciation...? What a confusing line of thought! :D

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Except he would have just said it out loud. :) Unless everyone in the game really does speak via text. In which case how do they know of pronunciation...? What a confusing line of thought! :D
It's entirely possible - I don't think I've heard anyone say anything yet :p

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
2. I dunno, I haven't been able to get a 3P game going. I just noticed as P2 that the Loaded Dice didn't pop up when P1 opened the chest, and they weren't in my inventory.

What I meant was (still talking about the laggy mushrooms), do you know if you get the same lag if you are P1?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Zhamla Meer isn't that strong a reference (although technically it's a pun on the Swedish term for 'collect more')
Really? o_O It is so bad that I didn't even notice it. XD It's also very close to Fharmamera (or however the spelling is) so it could get confusing unless they are related. (I'm not keeping track of the story so I don't remember where Zhamla Meer comes into the picture)

Own

upload_2016-3-28_12-55-57.png

Spinsects apparently knock mushrooms out of bounds, making collecting their orbs impossible and healing more difficult.

res7less

Jumpkin
Furthermore, the Hagglox gold amount (in the translation tool) says [GOLD+1] by default, while it's [GOLD1] during the quest. Is this correct? I had completed the quest with 2 characters before the update, so I wasn't able to test it after it.
Tested it with a 3rd character now - seems to work fine. Does GOLD1 take the gold value of the host?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Tested it with a 3rd character now - seems to work fine. Does GOLD1 take the gold value of the host?

GOLD1 uses 10 000 if playing in multiplayer, while it works like GOLD+1 in single player! GOLD+1 always uses the local character's gold.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
They haven't programmed them yet, most likely :p Having said that, elite presents and gifts have been programmed, just not implemented into story mode. You can find them in Arcade.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.612d

Added a salesman NPC to the festival where players who are totally undergeared can get some new stuff! On that note, added some pretty normal looking weaponry for people that dislike whacky things (except for the birch branch, which isn't very normal looking I guess)!

If this doesn't explode everything, tomorrow will be... Stable patch time?!

Additions
  • Added some items that can be purchased during and after the festival: 1h, 2h, 2h-magical, couple of hats, a shield and shoes
  • Added a new salesman NPC that appears during the festival
Bug Fixes
  • Pressing the Back button on an XBox controller while Steam isn't running no longer causes the game to crash
  • Having a Gift Shield in the style slot no longer overrides the mushroom spawning of the mushroom shield
  • The crystal chisel now looks more like a crystal chisel
  • Finishing the Crystal Clear quest should now untrack the crystal chisel
  • People should no longer be able to get stuck in the Evergrind festival forever

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I have now, and the game still crashes :(

[Edit]: Assumed the game had updated, let me try again :chicken:

[Edit 2]: Aaaand the game still crashes :( Maybe dad is the true final boss of the game :eek: Or I'll endlessly race Marino for the rest of my life...

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The bit where I'm inside the festival and can't do anything else - apart from race Marino for the rest of my life :/ Basically the part where /festivalreset takes you to. I've tried doing all the minigames then talking to dad, but no matter what I try I can't persuade him not to crash my game. I bet he put on Amalet and Gaan'tlet and this is the result :(

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
What I meant was, what step of the actual quest are you on? As in, which objective is being displayed to you?