[Visual] Further nurse desyncing.

Own

3 Player co-op.

P3 dropped out around Flying Fortress.

I was P2.

The usual graphical glitches happened - I didn't see the first wave of presents in Toy Factory, the Blizzard challenge room had it's first blizzard not show up at all. A new one happened, Gundam's fists didn't pre-animate before launching, so I got hit without any indication it was going to happen.

And then this happens in Season Temple.

s8ZBSaz.png

5AtuEYU.png

No blue fairies were used throughout this run at all.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I'm pretty confident I know what's causing this now. Well, not at the core, but it's a side effect of a different bug: the client HP desync issues!

The appearance chance of the nurse is based on an algorithm where the likelihood of the nurse appearing scales with both number of combat rooms without a nurse and the missing HP % of the entire party. This "roll" is currently running on both servers and clients to determine whether or not the nurse should spawn.

So what happens is that since the clients sometimes display the wrong HP, the calculation is run on different parameters causing the desync.

I've solved this issue by making the server decide when the nurse spawns. Ultimately, of course, I'd like to get to the bottom of the HP desync issue itself, but this was an easy fix for an issue much more severe than clients sometimes feeling slightly less/more healthy.

As an additional aid, the server will now broadcast the HP as it perceives things at the start of each room, which should both help the desync somewhat and also hopefully help identify when these desyncs occur.