[Visual/Gameplay] Glitch blizzard drains me from 400 to 0, Arcade Co-op.

Own

upload_2015-6-6_8-11-44.png

Red is where two blizzards came down from. One on the left, one on the right, a safe patch for me in the middle to stay in. Right? Wrong.

I start taking damage. A lot of damage. I inch to the left, thinking the one on the right might be knicking me. Nope, still damage. I inch more to the right, to try and avoid the left one. Nope, still damage. I park myself in the middle for the last second or two and watch my HP hit 0. P3 was also drained to 0.

No clue how it happened, we didn't appear to have desynced in any way and my ping was only 130. Bummer.

(Though, despite a ping of 130 I did watch a Pumpkin Wizard shoot a fireball through my shield on the run before that, as well as watch an elite brawler bot slam right through my shield and me to damage me. That happens from time to time. Oh, and Vilya in the forest has a tendency to walk over behind me while I have my shield up and attack me from behind... unless she's programmed to do that.)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
From Bishop being there I'm guessing this was a regular room with a snowstorm trap?

Did it happen at the start of the room, or randomly during the room? As in, was it during the first batch of storms that you got invisibly trapped?

Did the host see the snowstorm that cut you?

Your minor/rare desync problems could be due to package loss, which affects ping only slightly, but can lead to occasional weird behaviors. The networking makes sure that every message gets sent eventually, so they aren't truly lost, but a packet loss still results in a severe lag spike for the affected message.

Own

I... can't really remember. I think the one to the left of me happened first, then the one to the right of me. And yeah, it was a snowstorm trap room. I think it might have been the first batch, though I do remember seeing a blizzard to the far left too. The host saw a blizzard cut through me, I think. Sorry the details are a little vague. ):