[Visual][Gameplay] The BIG Out of Bounds & Clip Thread! Glitches

DumbLemon

Green Slime
Alright so here is a bug I found while trying to do the chicken side quest in story mode. In Startington I had to go in this spot (facing downwards) because the chicken was stuck in there.
rCsWati.jpg

Then I used dodging strike and I glitched through the fence behind me and went into the background, walking on nothing.
hzS1f6P.jpg

To be honest, I think this bug is kind of cool but it sucks since there is no way to get back onto land unless you load your game again.

AMOE

Green Slime
I would like to point out a glitch that happenned in the Temple of Seasons; in one of the battle-rooms. The last one, leading to the room where you fought Summer and Autumn, on the upper path, heading to Winter's room.

I was having some difficulty dealing with all of the mages and soldiers at the same time, so I was literally backed in the bottom right corner. Then, I got hit by a tornado from the powered up autumn mage and I was "forced" out of the boundaries. I tried walking back in from every angle possible, but it wouldn't let me, even the part where I got pushed out.

My only option was to create a teleport portal out to Santa Fae and go back in. Not overly disturbing I thought, being still in beta, but I thought it'd be good to mention it here.

tiger64guy

Green Slime
I was farming in Pillar Mountains recently, and I noticed a little ledge to the left of one of the ponds.
SoG Lake Glitch Ledge.PNG
For some reason, I did a silver charge Piercing Dash to the right while walking right towards the waterfall in this spot. To my surprise, I dashed right off the ledge.
SoG Pillar Hills Lake Glitch.PNG
I was able to walk around in the lake, and the bottom portions of the rock wall and the waterfall. I couldn't find a way to get out of this situation other than warping somewhere else. I am using the Stable Beta build.

Alfblack

Green Slime
happened with 0.600a

I am using 2H weapon so no dashing attacks (but do have the pound thing).

Not sure what happened (usually chaotic there). Maybe it was the tornado thing.

Well net effect. I got stuck. Even the town portal cant get me home. Lucky I could save and exit and get respawned.

Attachments

• 2015-10-08_00002.jpg
    2015-10-08_00002.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 16

Krysalis

Green Slime
So I got really lucky/unlucky when one of the Autumn Wizards in the Temple of Seasons used their tornado attack on me while I was in the corner shown by the red circle in the image, and threw me through that corner and outside of the map.

I tried to find some way back in but couldn't and I couldn't go any further out of the void.

Attachments

• SecretsOfGrindea OoB glitch.png
    SecretsOfGrindea OoB glitch.png
    682.9 KB · Views: 8

Neil Amanth

Green Slime
So i've found just a small OoB thing that should be a pretty easy fix. It didn't do this in previous updates. I think it's just that the stairs parameter is extended too far to the left. I can walk over the whole section above and including the bush there.
2015-12-16_00001.jpg

Also, though this isn't really the right thread for this, I was grinding in this room for the helmets and hats, and for some reason the Autumn Wizard's tornado threw me back behind the green crystal with about one pixel of move space. Had to save and quit to get unstuck.2015-12-16_00002.jpg

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I finally found my own one! If you use dodging strike in this corner here (by facing to the right, using it, facing to the left and striking), you can get out of bounds:

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Well... I just started an Arcade run (don't think I was too far to the right) and the game put me out of bounds? It stuck me inside the wall where the red dot is, then I moved down and it put me out of bounds. I'll try to see if I can replicate it.

walking on sunshine.png

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
When the game respawns you in Arcadia, I think it picks a random point in a small area. When you walk up into the Pillar Mountains, it puts you slightly on the stairs for an instant relative to this spawn point. It then clips you into the nearest area the player is allowed to stand on. It turns out that if your respawn point is low down enough and far enough to the right, on one certain floor layout (excluding trees, rocks and exits, just the shape of the grass) the closest place the player can walk on is actually out of bounds. This grass layout is shown in the screenshot above, and the three below (if you open all three of them in a new tab, then cycle between the tabs you can see that the grass layout is always the same.)

Your respawn point is only re-allocated once you've walked into a new room. This means you can always get out of bounds if you kill yourself while out of bounds. This can only be rectified by saving and quitting to title, or by walking into a new room if you happen to not be out of bounds.

2015-12-23_00001.jpg
2015-12-23_00003.jpg
2015-12-23_00005.jpg

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
anyone notice that he has a million health in this video? xD
There's a backstory to that. Basically I discovered it in a normal runthrough, then wanted to see if you could do it again once the fortress in in the air. Turns out it didn't work. By that point the fortress has gone from that location, so you can't clip out there again. I then just created a new character, did /setlevel 1000 or something, and got back there in 5-10 minutes just to make the video :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I either killed Winter too quickly, or it has something to do with me skipping the cutscene while my character was still walking. I can walk through all the walls, although gold charge Piercing Dash still cuts out when it hits a place where a wall was. I don't believe I was dashing as he died.

freedom.png

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Freshly squeesed from the latest patch. upload_2016-2-14_7-41-19.png Golden Piercing Dash sure is a good way to move around. ;)

There is also no collision with this dead flower if you go fast enough. XD
upload_2016-2-14_8-8-55.png

Last edited: