Weapon Suggestions

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I don't know what's planned for all the different weapons we're going to see but I would just like to make a list of weapon suggestions of what I would like to see in the game.

Thorn Scythe, 2 handed: A combo of something like this and this. Has a small chance of spawning a single fly (the ones from the Insect Swarm normal chagre) when attacking an enemy that will stick to the target and deal magic damage over time (just like they do in the spell).

A classic Nunchuck (1 handed) that you swing with such precision and speed that it sometimes shoots out a small Chain Lightning that deals a small portion of magic damage to close by enemies.

A fireball Flail, 1 handed. The spike ball is switched with a fireball and attacking an enemy has a chance of applying a burning effect that deals magic damage over time. (Could be a nice combo for people with the Insult to Injury talent)

A 1 handed tornado Fan that has mini tornados flying around it and has a chance to send a mini tornado onto an enemy to deal extra magic damage or after killing an enemy it spawns a mini tornado around the weapon and when you attack an enemy with 5 tornados you send a medium tornado to hurt an enemy for X magic damage.

A 2 handed Naginata with some kind of ice blade that applies the Chilling Touch effect. (The blade is so cold that it has to be 5 feet from the user which is why it's placed on the tip of a staff). Bonus effect: standing still for more than 3 seconds applies the Chilling Touch to the player (or the Chilling Touch effect is always affecting the player) because standing still with a blade with a sub zero temperature will at some point make the user cold.

A Katana made out of a spine that sucks energy from enemies hit and gives the player 7 EP per hit. The blade is dull but sturdy, most swordsmen would rather use a real Katana. (Meaning it would be a better choice for a sword wielding mage or someone that uses a lot of spells between attacks.)

A Piñata on a stick. A 2 handed weapon that shoots confetti when you hit an enemy. Also has a small chance of temporarily breaking (after all it's made of papier mâché). :p

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I had some suggestions for Weapons too, but i never dared to make them because it is somewhat a privilege to the "Legendary Blacksmith Tier".

But now that GoodStuff has taken the first step...

Swordfish-sword
Rare drop from fishing. (Doesn't count towards fishing achievements)
Swordfish.jpg

Lance - As a new Weapon Type
Has only the forward thrust. A slightly longer range then other 2H weapons and is also slightly faster, but as a very narrow hitbox.

GarlicJelly

I had some suggestions for Weapons too, but i never dared to make them because it is somewhat a privilege to the "Legendary Blacksmith Tier".
Well, if you have a Legendary Blacksmith Tier you have a 100% chance that your weapon gets added while we can only give suggestions. Another cool thing about this is that if someone buys the Legendary Blacksmith Tier then they can seek inspiration from our suggestions.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Bunch of rather generic ideas:

Magic Sword - Sword that charges up when attacking and it gains full power each 15(?) hits. Then, next spell you cast won't use EP and will be charged up to Golden Charge.

Channeler Sword - Uses % of EP per swing. More EP means more damage and/or critical chance.

Elemental Blade - Sword that gets infused with element when you cast spell. Effect lasts few seconds. Depending on element, you get slight stat boost: Fire increases ATK, Ice increases MATK, Earth increases (M)DEF and Wind increases Speed. Elements can stack.

Death Scythe - Heavy damage and high chance to kill instantly. Drains HP of the user when hits.

Chainsaw Katana - Hits multiple times per swing.

Lucky Rod - Spells are randomly cast with half EP usage.

Precise Rapier - Increased critical damage with each successive critical hit.

GarlicJelly

Lance - As a new Weapon Type
Has only the forward thrust. A slightly longer range then other 2H weapons and is also slightly faster, but as a very narrow hitbox.
Having stabbing weapons is something I would also like to have but I think that would be too much work for Fred. When I made my suggestions I just tried to use what we already have so that it wouldn't be so much work if you wanted to add it. That said I would still like to use daggers to stab my enemies in the back with. :D