What are some clever, interesting or tricky Arcade builds?

Own

In the Binding of Isaac, you have Challenges that give you specific builds to work within. Beating the game, or going a certain distance, with those builds gives you a reward.

SoG has a ton of skills and talents, so we can make our own in that line of thinking. IHeartPie is running custom builds suggested from his watchers, but I think we can do better. :) I'll post a few, you can too and we'll share our experiences with each build / how far we get.

0 EP Build

Using this build, it's possible to wind up with absolutely 0 EP, removing all need for spellcasting while still having skills in use. A pretty normal build, really.

Skills: Shadowclone, Frosty Friend, Cloud Strike.
Talents: Adaptable, Strength, Intelligence.

Buff'n'Debuff Build

This build is all about inflicting pain on your enemies and benefitting from it, using a few choice talents. Ice Nova is a guaranteed slow on just about anything at any level, but there aren't any skills that burn until rank 2 unfortunately. It would be nice if there were an air/lightning or earth themed debuff, but this is it for now. :p Your talents will help maximize your buffs and debuffs.

Skills: Fireball rank 2, Ice Nova. OPTIONALLY: No skills. Rely on Chilling Touch / Burning Weapon to trigger Insult to Injury. But why waste skillpoints?
Talents: Insult to Injury (Vital), Chilling Touch, Burning Weapon, Crippling Blast (Dead last consideration).

Danger Zone Build

Who needs HP? You're never going to take any dumb damage, right? So just let those weak enemies wail on you to risky amounts of HP and ignore those health orbs.

Skills: Any. Unless you can think of skills that would befit this build. The obvious one is Berserker, which already takes more damage on hit. Last Spark + Berserker = Combowombo.
Talents: Last Spark, Last Breath, Last Stand (Dead last consideration - why are you taking damage?).

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
The Purist: No skills or talents at all. :p (Taken straight from BoI)
Dasher: Dodging Strike and Piercing Dash. (Jumping all over the place)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Already a quest in Arcade Mode, isn't it? I do wish we could redo quests. That one, with 0 EXP and all elite mobs, was a fun gimmick.
Oh, yeah you're right. I completely forgot about that one. XD

Own

Shadowy Assassin

A gimmk built entirely arround the shadowy skills and pummeling with devestating crits.

Skills: Shadowclone, Spirit Slash.
Talents: +Critcal, +Crit Damage Multiplier.