Port Forwarding, Firewall and Hamachi Guides

ark626

@HexZyle I have used it a while but after the Steam release there is no need for VPN's at the time cause Steam Networking is good balanced. (Also counts ya playtime etc.)
But for the DRM Free Version i'd rather use Hamachi because it is easier to explain to people cause they know it.

raphikey

Green Slime
my router is in order, i guess my firewall is okay ( i even tried to turn it off) i run as admin , but still i can't play multiplayer

raphikey

Green Slime
i was thinking maybe i should try hamachi, but i didnt needed it for terraria or other stuff , will this problem be solved for the finished game ?

HexZyle

Boar
i was thinking maybe i should try hamachi, but i didnt needed it for terraria or other stuff , will this problem be solved for the finished game ?

You can just use the steam multiplayer feature which is a VPN in itself, so you don't even have to use Hamachi. (Hamachi is confusing as heck to anyone who isn't a techie, and never was originally designed for games in the first place. Literally anything is better, Tunngle, GameRanger, OpenVPN, Evolve, take your pick, because Hamachi is terrible)

This is the same for any game, if you want other people to connect to your computer, you have to portforward, or use a VPN. This's been the case for more than a decade now.

Last edited:

raphikey

Green Slime
but when a friend invites me to play on steam the game it just open the game with no sound, no choices, and just the clouds and the intro moving. and when i try to host it seems that there is missing buttons , like the one to invite friends

HexZyle

Boar
You don't join through the steam chat interface (as you're relying on not one but two flimsy network programs developed by two completely different people to work perfectly together) as you can join a player through the join option in the ingame menu.

raphikey

Green Slime
well when i try to join it asks me for his ip, and when i put his ip it just tell me its wrong/port 6000 error

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
well when i try to join it asks me for his ip, and when i put his ip it just tell me its wrong/port 6000 error
Are you trying to play the demo or do you both own the game? If you both are running the same updated version from steam then connecting should not require an IP adress. If the game asks you for an IP adress try going into the Options menu and change the Network Type to Steam and then try again. :)