Meaning clarifications

TsReaper

Boar
HQ - LukeAfterFestival_JonesQuest
"Being a stonecarver must pay off"

Does "pay off" here mean "be worthwhile" or something else?

There is an item called "Guard Hat" (A hat that makes you feel very official), is it the kind of hat that the guards in Collector's HQ wear?

res7less

Jumpkin
Is the caveling Chix male or female? I was sure she was female due to her name meaning 'chick' in the sense of girl and the love for a certain winged (does that... thing even have wings?) companion. But also her name is another short for 'chicken' and in the quest description it says "Chix [...] has asked you to help him find his beloved [...]" Is it a mistake or is he really male?

res7less

Jumpkin
Dialogue Tool
Egion: EvergrindCity
LocalID: Belmont_JonesQuest01
Part 9 of 10 and 10 of 10

Um, I'm not really sure what Bag means there in part 10.
In part 9 he says "Unless that stonecarver gets her money from HQ, we're going to have to pay up for her."

and then "Yeah, you're right. Maybe we can speed things up some other way..."

He says part 10 like it was a contradiction to part 9, but paying off her debt would be the way to speed things up. To me it kinda sounds like he means some other way than paying off her debt or getting the paycheck from HQ.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Bag is talking about doing something other than paying. That's what he means with "some other way". Some other way could be killing the person they need to pay or find the money some other way other than paying yourself (like getting kickstarted.. XD ).

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Dialogue Tool
Egion: EvergrindCity
LocalID: Belmont_JonesQuest01
Part 9 of 10 and 10 of 10

Um, I'm not really sure what Bag means there in part 10.
In part 9 he says "Unless that stonecarver gets her money from HQ, we're going to have to pay up for her."

and then "Yeah, you're right. Maybe we can speed things up some other way..."

He says part 10 like it was a contradiction to part 9, but paying off her debt would be the way to speed things up. To me it kinda sounds like he means some other way than paying off her debt or getting the paycheck from HQ.
If I'm not mistaken, part 10 happens after you've been asked to pay and answer no, which makes the focus of part 10 to find another way to speed things up that isn't paying (as you just refused to do so)

res7less

Jumpkin
Apparently one of the Trick Phase designers suffers from split personality. In PhasingChallangeComputers_Log03 Mr. Zlat's first name is Kaidan. However, in BonusPhasing_Welcome he is calls himself Kailan. Which one is correct? Or are there two of them? Or is it just Melyn, who suffers from the inability to remember names? On that occassion, does any of those gentlemen, how many there might be, happen to be a reference or a pun?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Apparently one of the Trick Phase designers suffers from split personality. In PhasingChallangeComputers_Log03 Mr. Zlat's first name is Kaidan. However, in BonusPhasing_Welcome he is calls himself Kailan. Which one is correct? Or are there two of them? Or is it just Melyn, who suffers from the inability to remember names? On that occassion, does any of those gentlemen, how many there might be, happen to be a reference or a pun?

Let's go with "Kailan"! Hopefully he knows his own name best :D

Surprisingly, none of these are puns or references! Fred and Vilya requested Melyn be renamed to "Tonie Hawk" or something, before... so maybe her name will change in time for the Stable update :O

res7less

Jumpkin
Dialogue Tool
Region: RogueLike
Local ID: Mayor_End
Part 1 of 3

Say, what? Say, whaaaat? Or is this just something like "Well, I'd be..."?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Dialogue Tool
Region: RogueLike
Local ID: Mayor_End
Part 1 of 3

Say, what? Say, whaaaat? Or is this just something like "Well, I'd be..."?
I don't really understand what you need help with on this one. :p Could you explain a little more?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
"I say!" is exactly that - "Well, I'd be". There are many other examples too, of varying formalities - "Wow!" "No way!" "Crikey!" "Well I never!"

res7less

Jumpkin
Is the name of Mundi actually a pun of some sort? I'm not really getting behind it somehow.

Edit: And what about Verment and Vernor. Something with "Where"?

Last edited:

TsReaper

Boar
TaiMing - Cutscene_SizousHouse08
"I don't know, gramps - I stopped counting years ago."

I can't get its meaning... Is this some kind of joke or something?

TaiMing - Cutscene_SizousHouse12
"No? Then I suggest you go find it! If you wish, I can help you make a formal request of entry."

Does "No? Then I suggest you go find it!" means that "if you refuse to make a request, you won't be able to see our artifact"?

And I also wonder if Sizou is Zhamla's "real" grandpa, or is Zhamla adopted by Sizou?

Last edited: