[Visual][Gameplay] The BIG Out of Bounds & Clip Thread! Glitches

Didn't see anyone try it here.

Dodging Strike only, unless Gold Charge dash works, and upward only.

GbmgB3x.jpg

Mimifun

Green Slime
Sorry I don't have a picture for it but I have a maxed out ice minion dude and every once and a while when I enter or leave and area going down the minion will glitch into the wall texture above the doorway. He will teleport back to me when I start walking again but still is a little glitch!

zorm05

Green Slime
Climbing vines in Tai Ming bugged. I tried to climb the vines to get to the entrance on the roof but, the climbing animation didn't work properly and I could walk through everything 'on ground level' so I cannot reach the roof.

I went through a timewarp portal to go in the future and in the past again. I tried climbing the vines and it worked! I can't reproduce the 'Out of Bounds' bug now. Weird... Maybe the first try was different, I don't know.

Mimifun

Green Slime
When I came back from auto farming I miss clicked and spawned the plant summon and it spawned in the middle of nowhere. I was facing up when summoning it.

Attachments

• 2016-11-08.png
    2016-11-08.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 7

armaa

Green Slime
Heh, i didnt read the steam post cuz im lazy so i posted it there as well..
Well not sure if it counts if chickens from arcade mode go OOB, but heres the pic of it happening to me in one run, both of these happened on Stable Beta v6.50a patch
RH06Xa3.jpg

Also a bug that happened to me as soon as i enter the first floor in arcade mode as well, i couldnt exit nor anything so had to exit the run and start over.
3fhxo6Z.jpg

1st pic: The chicken was pushed OOB by a bee where the stairs are at the top, on the left side where the walls start.
2nd pic: I believe it happened when the camera was still coming up while i was spawning in the village after a run and just ran straight towards the stairs up and BOOM, i spawned on the left side of the stairs, off the little island..

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
1st pic: Good find! I'll go try and clip out there now with Dodging Strike and see what else is possible :D
2nd pic: Got that one already, and in this thread infact. Go read up on that post if you're interested on how it works.

armaa

Green Slime
1st pic: Good find! I'll go try and clip out there now with Dodging Strike and see what else is possible :D
2nd pic: Got that one already, and in this thread infact. Go read up on that post if you're interested on how it works.
It would be sort of rare to get this exact layout i suppose, but maybe a similar one would work for the dodging strike or piercing dash to go outside.
And didnt know about the 2nd one already being discovered, my bad, should have glanced an eye through the thread and not post duplicate stuff. And yeah, the explanations seems right, i had something similar in my head of that happening.
Also not sure if its releated to what happened in the 2nd pic or anything in general but sometimes, when you go west or east from a zone, you dont always spawn in front of the wall when you enter the area, sometimes you spawn below or above the wall.. Not sure if anyone noted that as well and dont know if its itentional or not

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I wouldn't think you'd need the exact same layout, you just need a room with the same grass shape. However I tried clipping out in one of those and it didn't work, so I guess I'll need the same/similar challenge with the exit at the top.

Duplicate posts aren't a huge issue, just make sure you do a quick search beforehand (tips for that in the "How to Forum article in the spoiler below - and it's a bit more complicated than one might think) and if you find the bug, that you've got nothing else to add. Sometimes people highlight different things about the same situation though, so it's also understandable if you can't find it. It can also bring up some bugs which have been gathering the dust for a while and the Devs intended to fix but never got around to it.

I believe spawning above/below walls only happens if you go through the very top or very bottom of an entrance. It's simply the game forcing you into the nearest available space, which happens to be to the side of the wall rather than in front of it.

Rljohnson321

Green Slime
So I was doing some multiplayer Arena and this happened. My boyfriend's person is down where he should be and for some reason I was in the audience... I could move left and right but not anywhere else. It was more comical than anything! problem.jpg

Vanitur

Green Slime
So In the Festival after fighting Winter and the Killer Bee, when you approach the Trinket (Accessory) Shop from the left, right, or Bottom, you clip through as if there was no collision. it behaves like it wasn't there save the top part acts like a wall.

Ulithium_Dragon

Green Slime
Using gold level charge on the Piercing Dash skill can bypass the guards blocking the doors in the Tai Ming Inner City (past), as well as the guard blocking the exit to the inner city.

20170327232619_1.jpg 20170327232749_1.jpg

I would imagine this would also work in the first part of the 1000 years in the past section of Tai Ming, but I cannot go back and test that on this character anymore.

Honestly this seems to work for any NPC blocking a path or standing right next to a wall (or any impassible terrain).

More examples:

20170327232841_1.jpg 20170328010403_1.jpg

If there is enough free space around the person, though, you rebound properly.

Last edited:
Using gold level charge on the Piercing Dash skill can bypass the guards blocking the doors in the Tai Ming Inner City (past), as well as the guard blocking the exit to the inner city.

View attachment 2110 View attachment 2111

I would imagine this would also work in the first part of the 1000 years in the past section of Tai Ming, but I cannot go back and test that on this character anymore.

Honestly this seems to work for any NPC blocking a path or standing right next to a wall (or any impassible terrain).

More examples:

View attachment 2112 View attachment 2113

If there is enough free space around the person, though, you rebound properly.

Why can't you retest it on that character?

You can use commands such as /taimingreset
Or /taiming1reset | /taiming2reset | /taiming3reset
Should let you go back in to retest by just walking in from the normal way via Mount Bloom.

Ulithium_Dragon

Green Slime
Why can't you retest it on that character?

You can use commands such as /taimingreset
Or /taiming1reset | /taiming2reset | /taiming3reset
Should let you go back in to retest by just walking in from the normal way via Mount Bloom.

I was unaware there were reset commands for the new Frontline-only dungeon, but at the same time it really doesn't matter since I've proved that the bug applies to any NPC under specific circumstances (and I'm 99.98% sure it would also apply to the guards in the first section of the dungeon).

View attachment 2117

See the creature out of bound!?

Eh, I'd say that's more of a common pathfinding issue with summons. Just walk out of his field of view and he'd warp to you, or resummon him. I've seen similar oddities like that one with summons in the past.

On a similar note though, that fenced in garden really confused me the first time. I was unaware that it was a "one time wave" encounter and thought it was an infinite respawn zone. Since I was too far away from the metal bars on the left side to see them rise from the ground, I gave up and used the map to warp away the first time.

I thought I must've made a mistake and needed to move an object in the past to prevent those rocks from blocking the front gate or something. n.nU

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It should still be an infinite respawn zone, except that there's a wave of enemies you have to kill in it on the first time you go there. It wasn't respawning enemies in the first update that dropped this weekend, but it's been patched now and should be working correctly.

Ulithium_Dragon

Green Slime
It should still be an infinite respawn zone, except that there's a wave of enemies you have to kill in it on the first time you go there. It wasn't respawning enemies in the first update that dropped this weekend, but it's been patched now and should be working correctly.

Well yes, I just meant that it was not that clear that the area was a "no escape encounter". Unless you are at the maximum zoom level or immediately move to the west after exiting the portal you cannot see the iron bars rising to close off the western wall of the courtyard.

But then that area in general in the present confused me. It took me a minute of bumbling around to realize you can walk through the plants to the south to exit the area (the gap is very small and not all that visible).

JJ the Tall Guy

Green Slime
[Gameplay] In the Fae Temple, you can walk down at the circled location and you will be able to walk around off the map. You will also be unable to attack the enemies in this room if they are on the lower floor. I was unable to hit them with my meteor spell even if I was standing next to them. They are also unable to hit you if you do this. It is a repeatable bug. I am playing through Steam on Version 0.700a. Screenshot (65).png

Last edited: