[Gameplay] Mushrooms jump through wall and float in the air

Jenkolegs

Rabby
I THINK that's because the game unloads collison to save memory and maybe not NPCs

But that's a long winded guess...

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
A few patches ago I remade their AI to make it better in multiplayer, but I apparently forgot to add targeting checks to make sure they weren't trying to chase into walls :D

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Because the Jumpkins and Shroomies were the ones with the bad multiplayer implementation in the first place. I based them off the mimic because the mimic was designed to work better!

Own

Yes, and both have been fixed in this regard (or will be in the next patch!)

Trivia: they're both based on the small Mimic, which didn't have to deal with walls

I was playing some 2P arcade a few days ago and everything seemed to be moving a little bit faster than I was used to, which I chalked up to latency issues or something. I assumed it was also latency issues when I got to Pumpkin Woods, where I kept smacking pumpkins with my wand or popping them with arrows, but they absolutely would not take the on-hit-stun pause. Did this behavior get changed in the update as well?

Edit - I just toggled beastmode on and went there in storymode. Yeah, they have a MUCH shorter 'pause' duration. If you're not constantly damaging them you're going to get chewed up by them.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I just toggled beastmode on and went there in storymode. Yeah, they have a MUCH shorter 'pause' duration.

You're quite right! This was unintended, and I'll be giving them back the good ol' "chill jump" they did after being hit before!

As for the other enemies, that probably was due to latency.