Version 0.700b

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Have you turned off damage numbers? That's at least part of the way there. But yeah, I can imagine this getting pretty bad.

Own

I thought a while back Teddy said he was going to turn off player collision for that battle, given how narrow some of the gaps are. Did that not happen?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
- ... oh. Gold Charge Frosty is incapable of being damaged by anything.

Must've accidentally turned him into superman when removing collision from him at the start of zones ._.

Not only that, the part where she summons a circle and leaves one opening, four players push each other around, yet again another awful design for 3-4 players.

There is no player collision from the first summon circle attack until the end of the battle.

Option to turn off visual effects for other players?

As suggested, turning off damage numbers might help quite a bit, but it's an interesting idea to let players fade out other people's summons to near invisibility (if they were completely invisible I imagine that would create even more confusion in many cases). It's quite likely I'll add something like that when I have the time! Would make a good zoning tip for people playing with 3+ players.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Screen05 in FlyingTemple is still missing a -Professor Pine sign out line. I think it had three lines once, but the last one disappeared when the dates were changed.

I went back and checked this and apparently it never had a sign out line! But I agree it should have one for consistency, so I'll make something up!

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Hmm, I think that might end up giving more thing away than anything. When you've already got 2/3 extra heads to assess the situation it's less difficult to go wrong.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
err there was an update today?

Oh, yeah, I edited the first post in the thread but forgot to post a comment about it as I usually do!

So here it is:

0.700b - Hotfixes
  • Silver and Gold Charge frosty friends are no longer immune to all damage
  • Shockwaves from thrown statues now damages players properly in the second zone of Tai Ming
  • Going from 500 points to 1000 points in the arena now grants both rewards in a row
  • ...and some minor text related stuff

Pynguim

Green Slime
isso ai.png Hello, I'm a beginner in the forums, so I decided to post here.

Do you know those little plants on the ground that make a noise when they are attacked and stand in front of passages ??
Is there any way to make them grow or rise in these passages?
I do not want answers of how, but rather if there is any way to get in those passages.
Thank you in advance !!!

P.S .: Thanks a lot for the wonderful game they are doing !!!!!! that's my favorite

Last edited:

Own

1. I believe there is a crash bug involving player 1 and 2 equipping Shiidu in their shield slot / style slot / both and shielding them at the same time. Not 100%.

2. If you attempt to talk to Mana's grave before you get the quest, and your party isn't all there, bag will say to gather your party. When they're there and you try, nothing happens. Potentially confusing to the overly curious co-oping adventurer.

3. https://player.twitch.tv/?volume=1&video=v140922255 Numerous crashes during the fan lady battle between 20:00 and 30:00.

4. In the above video, a memory bubble remains for the host after inspecting it at 2:09:50. This is the only bubble that does this for them. I've seen it happen before, but it's really rare.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Is it really over?

We can only hope and pray!

1. I believe there is a crash bug involving player 1 and 2 equipping Shiidu in their shield slot / style slot / both and shielding them at the same time. Not 100%.

If it was from the video you linked, then I'm pretty sure it's because apparently not only Bishop wanted to crash the game, but some of the other NPCs from the flashback as well! On gamepads, the shield button is the interact button.

2. If you attempt to talk to Mana's grave before you get the quest, and your party isn't all there, bag will say to gather your party. When they're there and you try, nothing happens. Potentially confusing to the overly curious co-oping adventurer.

That bag and his silly trolling!

Numerous crashes during the fan lady battle between 20:00 and 30:00.

I can't figure this one out. :( Hopefully more data can be collected

4. In the above video, a memory bubble remains for the host after inspecting it at 2:09:50. This is the only bubble that does this for them. I've seen it happen before, but it's really rare.

I think... that perhaps two flashback windows are summoned in a row? I couldn't recreate it, but it looks like two "shockwaves" are created right after each other when the orb explodes! It might be some specific timing that's required. In either case, I've made it so that if a flashback is open, further calls to open a new one will be suppressed! Hopefully that should fix it.

Own

I think... that perhaps two flashback windows are summoned in a row? I couldn't recreate it, but it looks like two "shockwaves" are created right after each other when the orb explodes! It might be some specific timing that's required. In either case, I've made it so that if a flashback is open, further calls to open a new one will be suppressed! Hopefully that should fix it.
I'm thinking maybe it happens when both players talk to the orb on the same exact frame given the rarity.

Own

More random thoughts on the new content.

I decided to give my main world save file to a new character. No cards, no talents, set level 21. No gear outside of the best stuff I could buy in shops. 730 HP. Zhamla's sword hit does 33 damage. Lightning does 51. Throw sword 27. Meteor 73. Ice Nova 37. Earth spikes 31. I went on to beat him after intentionally taking all this damage for numbers purposes.

It seems like Zhamla is a bit of a joke if this level 21 character with 0 talents/cards/non-shop gear takes only 33 damage from his sword hit. Seems like the only way people will really die to him is if they're pure mage with no defense, or if from low HP coming out of the shrine gauntlet battles. (Speaking of, we -really- need that heal-at-the-start-of-boss-battles thing added in...)

Given how unlikely it is you're actually going to be hit by them, frost nova and earth spike really need to have their damage jacked up as well.

And frost nova's range should be more akin to this, forcing the player to flee to the edge of the flames. At least on Hard Mode?

upload_2017-5-12_4-38-18.png

Other 'style' thoughts:

The kid who is afraid of jumpkins seems like he ought have an extra line if you talk to him with a jumpkin pet equipped.

The purple father in TaiMing2 should probably have different dialogue or an extra line if you robbed his house in TaiMing1 with the help of phaseplates.

res7less

Jumpkin
And frost nova's range should be more akin to this, forcing the player to flee to the edge of the flames. At least on Hard Mode?
How about the nova consisting of three ranges/effects? The freezing effect (if it actually starts freezing the players) having the same range the nova currently has, a second mid-range effect (smaller than on your right screen, but bigger than the current), that only chills and the third that just fills the entire area shown on your pic with ice, making it more difficult to dodge his charges. There would be a damage-free zone between the middle effect and the fire, but it would still by affected by icy ground. Basically, the closer you are to him, the bigger the punish.

Very close: High damage + freeze + icy ground
Somewhat close: Moderate damage + chill + icy ground
Out of range: Icy ground

Last edited:

Pharphis

Rabby
bug: first time warp in local multiplayer let one of us go forward to do the cutscene, while the other player was trapped in the present (1/2 need more players prompt).

Save and exit of the non-host (the person who was trapped in the present) was sufficient to fix the problem but probably worth addressing

Love the content so far!

Khalismur

Green Slime
Oh, and we'll also poke a bit at the process of potentially porting the game to OSX and Linux with FNA, both for the obvious cross platform benefits, and also to combat a certain set of bugs within XNA and .NET that's causing trouble for some players.
I'm sorry to necro this thread. Just passing by on a early basis to check the status on this..
I purchased the game when still using Windows and given I had a good time and saw how promissing this could be when released, the hope of a Linux version never died out.

So, any news on this? Linux game library is somewhat dry on jRPGs, so a native SoG port would be a very welcome!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I'm sorry to necro this thread. Just passing by on a early basis to check the status on this..
I purchased the game when still using Windows and given I had a good time and saw how promissing this could be when released, the hope of a Linux version never died out.

So, any news on this? Linux game library is somewhat dry on jRPGs, so a native SoG port would be a very welcome!

Don't worry - it's still on the agenda! We'll give people a proper update when we have something tangible to share.