Bigger Red Giga Slime Room in Arcade Mode

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Spins, so he fills the room less with slime.
I don't know if you can even block his jumps or the Hammer Slam. And I also don't have a plan for smaller Slimes.
I don't even get this far in the arcade mode...

Cheynas

Rabby
I haven't fought the Giga Slime in Arcade mode, so I can't tell if he's harder or easier there... but I have beaten him a couple of times in the arena... still only got A rank though. (S for time, B for damage taken)

And FYI, I haven't managed to block the jump... but the hammer can be blocked.
Though unless it's a perfect block, it'll only break your shield.

Well, seems I've got to quit trying to S-rank the red slime and start playing arcade mode... possibly streaming when I do...

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I haven't fought the Giga Slime in Arcade mode, so I can't tell if he's harder or easier there... but I have beaten him a couple of times in the arena... still only got A rank though. (S for time, B for damage taken)

And FYI, I haven't managed to block the jump... but the hammer can be blocked.
Though unless it's a perfect block, it'll only break your shield.

Well, seems I've got to quit trying to S-rank the red slime and start playing arcade mode... possibly streaming when I do...
Really? I've always assumed that it couldn't be blocked since it smashes your shield (unless you perfectly block it I guess). Hmm, I might have to go try this since that Hammer has been the end of my Arcade runs quite a few times now. :p

Cheynas

Rabby
Really? I've always assumed that it couldn't be blocked since it smashes your shield (unless you perfectly block it I guess).

Nevermind my ramblings there... Seems I was mistaken.
Tried it with the crystal shield and the barrel shield, on both red and green slime, and their hammer instantly breaks my shield despite perfect guard.

Shame that you need specific skills and talents in order to beat the red slime 'easily'...
1+ rank Dodging Strike
5+ rank Shadow Clone

5 rank Second Wind
? rank Endurance

Cheynas

Rabby
Is that spoiler your Arcade build aginst the Red Giga Slime?

What I 'need' to have to beat the Red Giga Slime in the Arena.
Haven't unlocked The Red King mission yet in Arcade, so haven't tested it there...

Potential bug/exploit in that the Shadow Clones can hit the slimes when they are in the air, even if your normal attacks misses... And since their attacks counts as melee attacks, the Second Wind trigger from it giving you more SP and thus more dodges.

GarlicJelly

I think I just found the key to this battle..... If this is it then I sure have to start thinking outside the box more. XD

Own

You want to explain what that is? :p Besides slowing it down so it's jumps don't go so far.

GarlicJelly

You want to explain what that is? :p Besides slowing it down so it's jumps don't go so far.
I have to try it out first. I tested new things on the Arena slime in Story mode but I still have to do it in Arcade mode. Besides if I did find out what it is I still think that is shouldn't be posted on the forum just yet. If I manage to beat it I'll send you a private message later to let you know if you want. :D

Cheynas

Rabby
Still doesn't understand how you're managing to fill the entire room with goop... or at least complain that it's what's happening...

I'm just complaining about running out of SP while fighting it... :p

GarlicJelly

It might just be my kiting that's not that good but I can fill the whole room even if I push him back to the same spot while he's spinning. It's either me or the game and I highly doubt that my game somehow didn't update for the boss fight.

Benjy

Green Slime
I finally beat the Red Giga Slime. Here's video showing it. There are tips for anyone stuck in the description. I know how infuriating this quest is, so here's some help for the people who are still stuck on it.