Local Co-op?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Not natively, no :(

I'm going to implement a hack that will let people connect to themselves and then play in separate windows using different gamepads, but that is not an optimal solution and if native support is important to you, I'd say you should probably hold off on your purchase! We'll have a demo at release as well, which will include this feature if we add it and you can try it out before making your decision at that point.

DrRealTalk

Green Slime
Thank you for your quick reply!

My friends and I have played through Secret of Mana countless times, and are constantly looking for that perfect blend of deep action-RPG gameplay and seamless local co-op. If and when native local co-op support is added, I will gladly pay full price for your game!

Psykbryt

Green Slime
I downloaded the demo today and wanted to say that im totaly in love !
But i got a bit sad when i saw that the multiplay was online only becouse my girlfriend got in love with the game also and i only have one computer :(

So a native local splitscreen mode would totaly rock but i guess that takes alot of work and i can understand if thats not realy so high on the priority list. That hack sounds interesting though and if you somehow could implement resizable windows it sounds like it could totaly work on my 50" TV.

I will definitely buy the game at this stage first and just to support your awsome work and in hope of a local co-op option.
Keep up the good work !

Graylen

Green Slime
Wouldn't the current system just work if you connected to "Localhost" instead of entering an IP?

Salazni

Green Slime
me and my friends did a LAN this weekend, and it went super well.

just to mention, to plug in our computer we unplugged the modem so we had no internet. LAN worked great.

as for local co-op, i would try to implent all the characters on one screen with the character portraits surronding the screen, like old school SNES games. split screen might hurt the game whereas if all the characters are using the same screen. i'm having trouble to explain myself, but if any of you have ever played those games where its 4 people using the same screen with 4 controllers, with all the character protraits on each corner of the screen, I think it could work AMAZINGLY with arcade mode (since all the screens are single and dont have to scroll)

talos91

Green Slime
Not natively, no :(

I'm going to implement a hack that will let people connect to themselves and then play in separate windows using different gamepads, but that is not an optimal solution and if native support is important to you, I'd say you should probably hold off on your purchase! We'll have a demo at release as well, which will include this feature if we add it and you can try it out before making your decision at that point.

Any news on native local coop?