Recent content by Cheynas

1. Cheynas

Final Skills - What would YOU like to see?

Just giving my contribution to the skills I tend to use the most... Shadow Clone: Your shadows gain some sentience and don't need to follow you (range as the Cloud) and strikes enemies near you, but deal the same damage as 'normal' (40%/20% or upgraded to 50%/25%). Spirit Slash: As KoBeWi...
  2. Cheynas

A few Cardgame-related suggestions, if there is going to be one.

Well, one way to limit it would be to have a 'hand size' so you've only got a select few to choose from. Also breeds that 'addicting' factor that is "next time I'm sure to have a better start". Well, my suggestion would be to 'borrow' Yu-Gi-Oh's rules there, of being able to only...
  3. Cheynas

Enemy spawn

At least in Normal difficulty. Hard should be Hard.
  4. Cheynas

Enemy spawn

As has been stated before, there are safe spots where you can idle to think. Also, respawning doesn't start until you've cleared every enemy in a specified area, so if you leave one alive (and continuously block its attack) then you'll have infinite time to think.
  5. Cheynas

Secrets of Grindea Wiki

Apologies, long day. Wiki content is much more important than clean templates and proper documentation. I wrote the post before looking at how many actually contribute to the wiki (and being surprised to be put in spot #4) so I thought there were at least ten active editors. Apologies, but...
  6. Cheynas

Secrets of Grindea Wiki

Ugh, I cringe at your templates... I'm a programmer at heart, and seeing those cut'n'paste templates makes me want to clean them up and provide proper documentation. No wonder I couldn't find any of your templates in the template categories. Note: I'm not experienced in wiki markup, as I'm...
  7. Cheynas

Grindea screenshot map

Now it's easier to see where the 'continuity' of the maps is broken, such as Evergrind City -> Collector HQ (Missing banners on the wall) and the Seasonne roads. But that's just minor flavour. I'm surprised to see that much matching up already. Great work on your behalf.
  8. Cheynas

How to best handle local co-op?

Give me a month to learn UI design via trial-and-error, and I'll start on drawing a potential UI solution for it. One way to present it to the player might be a quest that the priest gives you, To kill the third boss using a specific preset made by the devs, that rewards you with the ability...
  9. Cheynas

Free Games / Gifting Some Humble Games

Only odd-one-out there is the Necrodancer, since it's... well, unique. Also, it's top-down / Isometric while the other tree, and Risk of Rain, is side-view platformers. Rogue Legacy, is also grindy as heck though every 'failed' run nets you gold to upgrade yourself for the next run. But you get...
  10. Cheynas

How to best handle local co-op?

One thing I would like in Arcade mode, would be to set up a 'preset' leveling pattern for your characters skills and talents. 9/10 times I played Arcade, I upgraded the same skills every time... and I'm sure most of you do the same. Could also help with multiplayer, local and online, since...
  11. Cheynas

Beta FAQ ~Ask your questions here~

Toy factory is the current limit, until the Oracle Temple of the Seasons is implemented. The percent completion is based on cards, quests and drops. Get all different drops from mobs, all cards, and finish all sidequests, and you'll end up ~150%. I'm currently at around 142%, with only a few...
  12. Cheynas

How do those charges for skills work ?

I still think the charge system is still pretty logical... you're putting in Silver points, to upgrade TO silver charge... and so on. Besides, 'Gold charge' sounds better than 'Ultimate charge' that was before.
  13. Cheynas

Suggestion - Proficiency skills

To me, professions is just a way to artificially inflate your game. It works fine in MMOs because what you craft can always be sold to other players with other professions... but singleplayer professions doesn't exactly work as well. That's not to say I didn't understand your point, I...
  14. Cheynas

How do those charges for skills work ?

I believe he mixed up Bronze and Silver tier. Put one silver point in a skill, get uncharged and the first charge (bronze) of that skill. Put five silver points into a skill, get the second charge (silver) of that skill. Put five gold points into a skill, get the final unreleased charge (gold)...
  15. Cheynas

Visually distinguishable Item Quality in inventory?

Wait... you sell stuff? I'm experimenting if I can kill Bag, or if he's like Kirby. +1 Support for grade frames though.