Recent content by HexZyle

1. HexZyle

Support skills

In Spiral Knights, another action rpg I play with a "arcade" mode where there is no healing bar the occaisional health drops from monsters, there was a patch a while ago that added passive pets that boost your stats (and don't auto-attack) One of the pets adds a skill you can use (the game has...
  2. HexZyle

Tanky Character

3. HexZyle

Tanky Character

People tend to forget the main role of a tank in a co-op based game, especially when suggesting it into games such as these where there are no "auto-attacks" and no "100% accuracy" attacks, where damage is avoided with skill, not with superior arbitrary numbers. This isn't a game where you just...
  4. HexZyle

Some technical questons

Jester laughs at your futile attempts to find one as broken as she is.
  5. HexZyle

How about a RUN mechanic?

They already have a unique function, and that is a dramatic decrease of the movement speed penalty when charging. With full points in the associated talent, you can literally walk full speed while charging. It's freaking awesome already.
  6. HexZyle

[Gameplay] Extremely high ping in Lobby

Curious. I'll have to keep my eye out for similar issues and see if I can't pinpoint the problem.
  7. HexZyle

For the record, are you using hamachi or are you just portforwarding?
  8. HexZyle

I have noticed that the game tends to exasperate latency issues. Maybe it's some severe memory leak in the netcode, that becomes problematic when waiting on tcp packets for long periods of time? (multiple game ticks) However, I have only experienced this through Steam. I have yet to test...
  9. HexZyle

Wait what? You are using the Steam method of connection, correct?
  10. HexZyle

Pets

Pets are a vanity item. The slime pet is all you need since you can only use one pet at a time anyway. In the frontline version pets have even been patched to be easier to catch This has been discussed before plenty of times. Pets having base stats would reduce incentive to use particular...
  11. HexZyle

Died in the room with 3 seasons and got stuck in the ice+

Delete (or rename) 2.cha first before renaming 2.bak to 2.cha, you can't have two files with the same name.
  12. HexZyle

Port Forwarding, Firewall and Hamachi Guides

You don't join through the steam chat interface (as you're relying on not one but two flimsy network programs developed by two completely different people to work perfectly together) as you can join a player through the join option in the ingame menu.
  13. HexZyle

Port Forwarding, Firewall and Hamachi Guides

You can just use the steam multiplayer feature which is a VPN in itself, so you don't even have to use Hamachi. (Hamachi is confusing as heck to anyone who isn't a techie, and never was originally designed for games in the first place. Literally anything is better, Tunngle, GameRanger, OpenVPN...
  14. HexZyle

Farming "Mini-games"

I tried this with slimes. It got very difficult towards the end.
  15. HexZyle

Local co-op

I guess then it all depends on your attention span and how badly you want to play the game :/ Because the tools are available, and are far from complicated.