Recent content by The Observer

1. T

Random discussion of the day! Predicting the future.

I don't think Bag is evil, for the simple reason that he's your inventory. You lose him in any way, your entire inventory's gone. He turns against you, your entire inventory's gone. Unless the pixel ferrets account for this without seriously hampering the gameplay at any point and without being...
  2. T

Random discussion of the day! Predicting the future.

Now that there's been a storyline update, maybe it's better to revive this old topic instead of creating a new one... Yeah. Bringing your mother back from the dead with evil artifacts? That is NOT going to turn out well. Every time this sort of thing happens, it never does. Have they never head...
  3. T

Vilya's Work-blog! (aka Pixel Ferrets behind the scenes)

If there're silencing enemies, I demand a disarming enemy that makes all melee skills and the basic attack unusable. :p
  4. T

Balancing Magic and Melee

Motormouth: Not as useful as the melee equivalent, I think. Melee tends to be more sustained, magic more bursty in the actual casting (as opposed to the effects) so less of an impact. Soul Snatcher/Energy Rush: Would suggest combining both into one talent, then making the soul snatcher component...
  5. T

Balancing Magic and Melee

I will have to agree that some of the magic talents feel just outright BAD. Arcane collar for example, is pretty much outclassed by endurance on most levels. That aside, the main thing about magic is the feeling of helplessness when you run out of EP. Something like a passive increased EP...
  6. T

Is a new game+ planned?

What it says on the tin. Since I do plan to do a lot of grinding, it'd be nice to be able to carry at least some of that over to a new game so I can continue grinding on that, too! Not sure what exactly would be carried over, but at least the cards and item/enemy log would be nice!
  7. T

[Arcade] Perks should decrease score.

What it says on the tin. The decrease can be additive (eg. -1000) or multiplicative (e.g. final score *0.9) depending on how strong it is. If the perk isn't strong enough (maybe X start) then it may not incur any penalty. Conversely, maybe not taking any perks at all could net a score booster...
  8. T

[Feedback Request] Arcade Mode - Thoughts on long term balance

The observation I have with Arcade mode is that chip damage is more or less irrelevant. Either you go through perfectly, or make a mistake that either instakills you or traps you in a guaranteed kill spiral. Certain situations, like the furious gigantic slime, have it set up such that extracting...
  9. T

References in Secrets of Grindea

Mumrik is an NPC with the appearance of Snusmumriken, a character from the Finnish children's book series Mumin. An additional point about Oak's Farm is it's where you leave your pets; Ash leaves his pokemon with Oak when he doesn't need them anymore. I'm also curious about the girl named...
  10. T

It's been bugging me a little, but...[spoilers]

Not sure if anyone else's asked this before, but... You know how when you're returning from the flying fortress and Marino nicks Amalet from you? It's been bothering me, but is there any particular reason Amalet didn't at least try and tempt Marino into world domination like it and Ga'antlet...
  11. T

Arcade Mode Cards: Beehive, Red Slime, Summoning Crystal.

When you put it that way...fair enough, yeah. I retract my statement.
  12. T

Arcade Mode Cards: Beehive, Red Slime, Summoning Crystal.

Hmm. I don't agree totally - making them rarer would detract form the randomness, but even so... I would say keep the drop rates as they are now, but make it a very expensive perk. Something on the lines of 250-300 essence.
  13. T

How big do you think Arcadia will get?

As big as Startington? Evergrind? At least more than one screen? I'll admit that for me, it's a big draw of arcade mode and an incentive to grind, even though I'm not any good at it. No matter how poorly I do on a run, it never feels like the run is wasted in any way because there's always some...
  14. T

Beta FAQ ~Ask your questions here~

I see in the collector's tier that people who buy it will be able to get an NPC in game. What does that entail, exactly? A lot of NPCs are in special locations, etc, have houses of their own, or do we just get to set their appearance and maybe a line or two of dialogue?
  15. T

*New Option* Gold Points & Skill Bar Variations

I think that would be counterproductive, from what I'm seeing, the point of silver and gold talents is to encourage the player to branch out instead of dumping all points into a single skill.