Recent content by TheSpaniard

1. T

Game Length and Questions on the Future

Well, there are always avenues to make lateral movements, or side quest opportunities and meaningful extra content. I don't mean unnecessarily creating filler, but relevant stories that feed the main arc, and illustrate more of this wonderful tribute's world. The main character is a collecter...
  2. T

Version 0.599omega

Nice!
  3. T

Game Length and Questions on the Future

I'm really digging this game, but I would love to get to have a huge game to play with my created character from storymode. Much like the classic epics which Pixel Ferrets beautifully evokes. What are the chances that, if let's say if SoG is released and becomes very successful, that we will get...
  4. T

Shield Alternatives

Besides the fact that it would be balanced, and many of the off hand alternatives could have more of a utility than relate directly to high DPS. Shurikens are fast and throw very quickly, though low damage. Nets would deal no damage at all, but impede creatures small enough to get tangled in it.
  5. T

Shield Alternatives

Using an alternative off hand wouldn't mean that you can't carry a shield in your inventory.
  6. T

Shield Alternatives

True, now that I think about it, you could always just carry around a shield in your inventory if you need one for some special utility. However, no point in excluding off hand to just shields, since the options are quite unlimited!
  7. T

Shield Alternatives

Yeah, I was thinking that, so this is how I think it could be implemented with unique off hand slots: For instance, the net would be a buckler with a net attached or gripped with the same hand, but with very low deflection and have the special ability of being throwable/catching the enemy...
  8. T

Shield Alternatives

Secret of Mana had a lot of cool weapons, but here are some good offhand ideas: whip, net, or dagger. Also, some other melee types would be cool for your main weapon, such as melee (brass knuckles/fighting gloves).\ Some other ranged: Boomerang, shuriken, etc.
  9. T

8,000-10,000 SoG owners on Steam, according to SteamSpy.

I bought it and "convinced" two other people to buy the game . . . I'm sure I'll do some more coerc-convincing in the near future, muwhahaha. May even buy an extra copy or two , great game!
  10. T

Enemy spawn

None of the alternatives suggest that you have to run around if you want to grind. For instance, enemies spawn at the edge of screen , without you having to move. This does not require to around, simply put, theyd appear somewhere believable instead of from thin air. This would help better...
  11. T

Enemy spawn

Wahoo, thank you! I love the art of this game , and the theme is great . . . really, really good! Thank you! :)
  12. T

Enemy spawn

Frankly, I think it's a wasted opportunity to provide nuanced difficulty . I just started playing this game, though I have yet to die and I'm already at the flying fortress, and I really dig it. It's great and I feel that the developers are clever, clever enough to maintain the difficulty but...
  13. T

Enemy spawn

I am digging the game a lot but I'm finding the respawn in some of the areas a bit off putting. Slime and rabbys poping up right in front of me , or around me, and I was wondering if that was planning on changing? It's not a matter of challenge, as I haven't had problems with the respawn rate...